KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Aug 30, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #2,011 of 2,441
Due to KZ, i'm someone who have passion on hunting and researching multi drivers.
But somehow my current IEMs is all single DD (TFZ King Pro, ATH-e40, Tanchjim Tanya).
And due to i'm used to single DD, multi driver have tendency to feel "noisy/incoherent" when i used it for the first time or short period of time. I need sometime to re-acclimate to multi driver.

Possibly buying Aria or Mele or this Aurora if its better than new Tanchjim Hana.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #2,012 of 2,441
Lucky Draw for KBEAR Aurora
KBEAR official store will draw a lucky order number of Aurora starting with “8137”, and offer a half-price discount off the retail price of $169 for that order. Don’t miss the opportunity, and ensure you have placed the order during the activity period!!

The activity time: PST 8/30 0:00--9/2 23:59
KBEAR Aurora: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.34bd46c0Stj0he

Aurora 官方店铺抽奖(1).jpg

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #2,014 of 2,441
@WendyLi Have any review units been sent out to head-fi members?

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #2,016 of 2,441
Aug 30, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,018 of 2,441
Due to KZ, i'm someone who have passion on hunting and researching multi drivers.
But somehow my current IEMs is all single DD (TFZ King Pro, ATH-e40, Tanchjim Tanya).
And due to i'm used to single DD, multi driver have tendency to feel "noisy/incoherent" when i used it for the first time or short period of time. I need sometime to re-acclimate to multi driver.

Possibly buying Aria or Mele or this Aurora if its better than new Tanchjim Hana.
2+1 hybrids generally has very good coherence, so I think it’s a good starting point for a single DD user to seek a new category. My recommendation is TRI Starsea, one of best affordable 2BA+1DD that sound very cohesive and nicely tuned.

For single-DD like coherence, Softears RSV serves for that purpose, although the price is kinda too high though.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2,019 of 2,441
Lucky Draw for KBEAR Aurora
KBEAR official store will draw a lucky order number of Aurora starting with “8137”, and offer a half-price discount off the retail price of $169 for that order. Don’t miss the opportunity, and ensure you have placed the order during the activity period!!

The activity time: PST 8/30 0:00--9/2 23:59
KBEAR Aurora: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.34bd46c0Stj0he

Aurora 官方店铺抽奖(1).jpg
I placed an order and it started with 8137. Hope I’m lucky :)

Aug 31, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #2,023 of 2,441
I've been listening to the Robins for a few days now and want to share some impressions.
Upon initial listening it didn't disappoint... but didn't impress either. The tonality is great but the overall signature was to dark for my liking. The bass was loose and treble was too recessed for me. But I never like to judge anything on the first listening session.

20210830_220819_HDR.jpg

After a few hours on it. The bass has tightened up a bit over time, treble opened up and changing the cable helped improving the treble more than I thought. While I'm no real believer in cables beyond better build quality and lower impedance, it did help a lot with the Robin. But I admit it does look a little funky as the cable is for a recessed 2 pin which is the opposite of the Robins TFZ connector. At least the color complements it nicely. That said the bass bleeds into the lower mids and technicality's are nowhere to be found at times.

The face plate on mine don't seem to be mounted perfectly as there is a small gap between the face plate and the shell at the back. While it's not open as there is a recessed lip, it's not flush like on my Lark. But it's a minor thing as it doesn't impact the comfort and these are quite the lookers.

I can definitely enjoy this pair, while the lack of technicality's disqualify's it for critical listening, it does make it non fatiguing. That in combination with the great tonality makes this a good pair for relaxed listening and for background music while working.

That said at it's price point there are other options like the KZ ZAX which the Robin can't quite compete with.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #2,024 of 2,441
KBear Aurora takes a bow!

Screenshot_20210901-154112_Gallery.jpg

The Aurora have arrived, Pure Elegance, to borrow @Poganin's description.

They look as good in hand as they appear in photographs. Of course, the downside to that is they attract fingerprints, even from a distance, to exaggerate the point.

20210901_153749.jpg

The mid size package is well appointed, with accessories, and a 6 strand sky blue cable, to match the accents on the earpieces, nice cable but not entirely malleable. The cable is two-pin to 3.5mm plug. A KBear mid-brown faux leather hard case, which I adore, and a few eartips.

Earpieces are a medium size, similar to the KBear Diamond and the Believe in size but the Aurora have a better, more ergonomic, design, in my view.

The earpieces have two vents, one on the inner part and one next to the face plate, hopefully that would ease, and maybe even eliminate, driver flex issues for some.

Initial impressions of the sound
Caveat
: I have not burnt them in and spent a maximum of 20 minutes listening to three tracks on them, so these early impressions are not to be relied on as definitive.

I would say the Aurora, are W shape, with nice natural tone as you would expect from dynamic drivers.

They have oddles of sub-bass. Mid-bass is held back a bit, but appropriate and sufficient from my point of view. Overall bass is tight, although I am more into natural decay, a long natural tail for bass notes, rather than perceived speed but mine is to report what I hear, so, no bass bleed, to my ears....early days.

Mids have quite good body, in tone, but slightly, only slightly, held back in relation to the bass and treble in relative volume. The voices and instruments I heard in the midrange were whole and full but not excessively forward.

Treble is distinct, nothing hidden and gives the early impression of being incredibly detailed and shimmery. Treble is within my tolerance threshold. I accept my tolerance threshold might be higher than others, but again until after burn-in one cannot tell where the Aurora will settle.

The Aurora appear to be quite revealing across the frequency spectrum, clearly with the bass that manifests itself as defined bass notes and texture, while with the mids and highs, you get clarity and detail retrieval. The effect is a highly resolving set, or so it appears at this stage.

I am currently reviewing a $700 single dynamic set, and as an early observation, the Aurora resolution is approximately 70% there, at a considerably lower price. Note, Caveat applies!

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #2,025 of 2,441
KBear Aurora takes a bow!

Screenshot_20210901-154112_Gallery.jpg
The Aurora have arrived, Pure Elegance, to borrow @Poganin's description.

They look as good in hand as they appear in photographs. Of course, the downside to that is they attract fingerprints, even from a distance, to exaggerate the point.

20210901_153749.jpg

The mid size package is well appointed, with accessories, and a 6 strand sky blue cable, to match the accents on the earpieces, nice cable but not entirely malleable. The cable is two-pin to 3.5mm plug. A KBear mid-brown faux leather hard case, which I adore, and a few eartips.

Earpieces are a medium size, similar to the KBear Diamond and the Believe in size but the Aurora have a better, more ergonomic, design, in my view.

The earpieces have two vents, one on the inner part and one next to the face plate, hopefully that would ease, and maybe even eliminate, driver flex issues for some.

Initial impressions of the sound
Caveat
: I have not burnt them in and spent a maximum of 20 minutes listening to three tracks on them, so these early impressions are not to be relied on as definitive.

I would say the Aurora, are W shape, with nice natural tone as you would expect from dynamic drivers.

They have oddles of sub-bass. Mid-bass is held back a bit, but appropriate and sufficient from my point of view. Overall bass is tight, although I am more into natural decay, a long natural tail for bass notes, rather than perceived speed but mine is to report what I hear, so, no bass bleed, to my ears....early days.

Mids have quite good body, in tone, but slightly, only slightly, held back in relation to the bass and treble in relative volume. The voices and instruments I heard in the midrange were whole and full but not excessively forward.

Treble is distinct, nothing hidden and gives the early impression of being incredibly detailed and shimmery. Treble is within my tolerance threshold. I accept my tolerance threshold might be higher than others, but again until after burn-in one cannot tell where the Aurora will settle.

The Aurora appear to be quite revealing across the frequency spectrum, clearly with the bass that manifests itself as defined bass notes and texture, while with the mids and highs, you get clarity and detail retrieval. The effect is a highly resolving set, or so it appears at this stage.

I am currently reviewing a $700 single dynamic set, and as an early observation, the Aurora resolution is approximately 70% there, at a considerably lower price. Note, Caveat applies!
Thanks for first impressions and the photos, a great looking set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back