KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Sep 1, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #2,027 of 2,441
KBear Aurora takes a bow!

Screenshot_20210901-154112_Gallery.jpg
The Aurora have arrived, Pure Elegance, to borrow @Poganin's description.

They look as good in hand as they appear in photographs. Of course, the downside to that is they attract fingerprints, even from a distance, to exaggerate the point.

20210901_153749.jpg

The mid size package is well appointed, with accessories, and a 6 strand sky blue cable, to match the accents on the earpieces, nice cable but not entirely malleable. The cable is two-pin to 3.5mm plug. A KBear mid-brown faux leather hard case, which I adore, and a few eartips.

Earpieces are a medium size, similar to the KBear Diamond and the Believe in size but the Aurora have a better, more ergonomic, design, in my view.

The earpieces have two vents, one on the inner part and one next to the face plate, hopefully that would ease, and maybe even eliminate, driver flex issues for some.

Initial impressions of the sound
Caveat
: I have not burnt them in and spent a maximum of 20 minutes listening to three tracks on them, so these early impressions are not to be relied on as definitive.

I would say the Aurora, are W shape, with nice natural tone as you would expect from dynamic drivers.

They have oddles of sub-bass. Mid-bass is held back a bit, but appropriate and sufficient from my point of view. Overall bass is tight, although I am more into natural decay, a long natural tail for bass notes, rather than perceived speed but mine is to report what I hear, so, no bass bleed, to my ears....early days.

Mids have quite good body, in tone, but slightly, only slightly, held back in relation to the bass and treble in relative volume. The voices and instruments I heard in the midrange were whole and full but not excessively forward.

Treble is distinct, nothing hidden and gives the early impression of being incredibly detailed and shimmery. Treble is within my tolerance threshold. I accept my tolerance threshold might be higher than others, but again until after burn-in one cannot tell where the Aurora will settle.

The Aurora appear to be quite revealing across the frequency spectrum, clearly with the bass that manifests itself as defined bass notes and texture, while with the mids and highs, you get clarity and detail retrieval. The effect is a highly resolving set, or so it appears at this stage.

I am currently reviewing a $700 single dynamic set, and as an early observation, the Aurora resolution is approximately 70% there, at a considerably lower price. Note, Caveat applies!
Is there a chance you can compare it with the Believe?

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #2,028 of 2,441
KBear Aurora takes a bow!

Screenshot_20210901-154112_Gallery.jpg
The Aurora have arrived, Pure Elegance, to borrow @Poganin's description.

They look as good in hand as they appear in photographs. Of course, the downside to that is they attract fingerprints, even from a distance, to exaggerate the point.

20210901_153749.jpg

The mid size package is well appointed, with accessories, and a 6 strand sky blue cable, to match the accents on the earpieces, nice cable but not entirely malleable. The cable is two-pin to 3.5mm plug. A KBear mid-brown faux leather hard case, which I adore, and a few eartips.

Earpieces are a medium size, similar to the KBear Diamond and the Believe in size but the Aurora have a better, more ergonomic, design, in my view.

The earpieces have two vents, one on the inner part and one next to the face plate, hopefully that would ease, and maybe even eliminate, driver flex issues for some.

Initial impressions of the sound
Caveat
: I have not burnt them in and spent a maximum of 20 minutes listening to three tracks on them, so these early impressions are not to be relied on as definitive.

I would say the Aurora, are W shape, with nice natural tone as you would expect from dynamic drivers.

They have oddles of sub-bass. Mid-bass is held back a bit, but appropriate and sufficient from my point of view. Overall bass is tight, although I am more into natural decay, a long natural tail for bass notes, rather than perceived speed but mine is to report what I hear, so, no bass bleed, to my ears....early days.

Mids have quite good body, in tone, but slightly, only slightly, held back in relation to the bass and treble in relative volume. The voices and instruments I heard in the midrange were whole and full but not excessively forward.

Treble is distinct, nothing hidden and gives the early impression of being incredibly detailed and shimmery. Treble is within my tolerance threshold. I accept my tolerance threshold might be higher than others, but again until after burn-in one cannot tell where the Aurora will settle.

The Aurora appear to be quite revealing across the frequency spectrum, clearly with the bass that manifests itself as defined bass notes and texture, while with the mids and highs, you get clarity and detail retrieval. The effect is a highly resolving set, or so it appears at this stage.

I am currently reviewing a $700 single dynamic set, and as an early observation, the Aurora resolution is approximately 70% there, at a considerably lower price. Note, Caveat applies!
Nice first impressions. Out of curiosity, if you can reveal, what is the $700 single dynamic that you compared it with?

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #2,030 of 2,441
The last day of Lucky Draw for KBEAR Aurora
KBEAR official store will draw a lucky order number of Aurora starting with “8137”, and offer a half-price discount off the retail price of $169 for that order. Don’t miss the opportunity, and ensure you have placed the order during the activity period!!

The activity time: PST 8/30 0:00--9/2 23:59
KBEAR Aurora: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_allProduct.8148356.2.34bd46c0Stj0he

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #2,034 of 2,441
@ChrisOc , when Aurora hit your next visit time during burning.. :slight_smile: , would you be able to check and compare it with i3pro? Especially on the midrange.. Male and female voices..
That is huge, but I will in time. It is huge because to decide on the midrange or indeed any part of the spectrum, unless one set is a clear winner, it requires a lot of listening time to compare. I will do, but give me some time.

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #2,035 of 2,441
That is huge, but I will in time. It is huge because to decide on the midrange or indeed any part of the spectrum, unless one set is a clear winner, it requires a lot of listening time to compare. I will do, but give me some time.
Yes, that is huge.. :slight_smile: So, thanks in advanced for your help 🙏. Mid is the heart and the soul of music. More tricky is sounding good on instrument does not automatically sounding good on voice, and otherway around.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #2,037 of 2,441
Please don't say, thanks, I have not done anything yet. 😁
Don't worry... not my intention to put in pressure... :)
It is a culture in my country to say 'thanks in advance' (translated to English become like that)... the original wording intention is to thank because one get attention without being too formal.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,038 of 2,441
I asked for it. -8766190541456135016.jpg

I try to overlay the Aurora Graph that SaldSald got over RikudouGoku measurement of Tri I3Pro. I need to stretch the Aurora graph since the scale is different with Squig standard. I'm contemplating to get Aurora or I3 Pro. Hopefully useful for others too...

KBear Aurora over I3Pro.png

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,039 of 2,441
Looks Harman-ish if it's normalised. Interesting but at $200, makes me wonder if it's going to cut-it. There are many Harman tuned IEMs in and around that price.
Wow, you are spot-on Barusu. Aurora is seemed KBEar approach for energized Harmanish. (EDIT: same graph overlaid over Banbeu's Harman 2019 target reference)

Aurora-vs-Harman2019.png

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,040 of 2,441
Don't worry... not my intention to put in pressure... :)
It is a culture in my country to say 'thanks in advance' (translated to English become like that)... the original wording intention is to thank because one get attention without being too formal.
A bit of sneak peekery!

I gave the Aurora about 72 hours burn-in but I cannot say I noticed very much change from the 48 hour point. Now the I3 Pros are burning in.

So during my recent sneak peek, I had a quick listen to both the Aurora and the TRI I3 Pros, and although it is not very helpful to compare a single driver, in this case a single dynamic driver, to a multi driver set, I did that.

They are both superb sounding earphones. I would describe the Aurora as being light-footed and nimble, while on the I3 Pros notes have weight and they sound substantial (that is not to say the Aurora lack substance, they just appear to be less substantial in note weight compared to the I3 Pros do. I suspect the Planar magnetic drivers have a say in that.

This is just my impression after a quick listen, on one device, without tip rolling (which would have an impact on the dynamic drivers) single ended cables (just as they came) on low gain.

I stress, I like both Aurora and the I3 Pros, needless to say, I have always had a weak spot for the TRI I3s, the I3 Pros are just as appealing as their predecessors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back