KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 23, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,066 of 2,441
Are the kbear 07 and 08 eartips the same as acoustune aet07 and 08?
They look so similar but half the price, kinda interesting
No acoustune tips yet had the bliss factor for my iems.

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #1,069 of 2,441
the tuner said it need minimum 200mW@32ohm
based on the data 9038s indeed has 200mW@32ohm while fioo btr5 has 240mW@32ohm (balanced),
but most ppl who tried it with btr5 says that the quality is not quite there yet, but they could still kinda enjoy it
So let's say it will be a bit on the edge ... Also sensitivity is important, even more so than load resistance. Believe is not very sensitive for an iem (98db). It could be that the experience was not a 10 with E1DA, however, I am almost certain that it would be an 8-9 and therefore they are really worth it, in my opinion. Also, it appears that E1DA is a neutral field source, so it will have better synergy with BElieve than a warmer source.

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,070 of 2,441
What kind of bliss do you mean there? sound? comfort?
Could you compare it to something common, like CP145 maybe?
Comfort and seal primary. Audutiory perspectives is subjective. The staging is better it that sense in my case.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #1,073 of 2,441
the tuner said it need minimum 200mW@32ohm
based on the data 9038s indeed has 200mW@32ohm while fioo btr5 has 240mW@32ohm (balanced),
but most ppl who tried it with btr5 says that the quality is not quite there yet, but they could still kinda enjoy it
I found this
Screenshot_20201223-173201.png

Dec 23, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #1,074 of 2,441
I found this
yeah, I got mixed with 9038D lol
there was conversation about this between the tuner and someone who own the 9038D and that's what got into my mind
sorry for the wrong information

putting that aside, the tuner (kopi o'kaya from audioreviews) wasn't happy since his co-blogger/co-tuner, Jurgen Kraus was only reviewed this with earmen tr-amp that only has ~350mW since it can't fully show the potential
the review got revised (with extra notes in blue) after he properly amped it with Schiit Magni 2
https://www.audioreviews.org/kbear-believe-review-jk/

in the end it's back to your standard, do you think it's worth it to pay for 180 and get something that doesn't show it's full potential?

tbh I'm also really interested in believe, but I give up since everyone I see are running this on 1W@32ohm or more

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,075 of 2,441
there was conversation about this between the tuner and someone who own the 9038D and that's what got into my mind

putting that aside, the tuner (kopi o'kaya from audioreviews) wasn't happy since his co-blogger/co-tuner, Jurgen Kraus was only reviewed this with earmen tr-amp that only has ~350mW since it can't fully show the potential
the review got revised (with extra notes in blue) after he properly amped it with Schiit Magni 2

in the end it's back to your standard, do you think it's worth it to pay for 180 and get something that doesn't show it's full potential?

tbh I'm also really interested in believe, but I give up since everyone I see are running this on 1W@32ohm or more
I don't think that the Believe need atom reactor, not so power hungry. I use my iems on bicycle, and I searching for a relatively strong dongle..

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #1,076 of 2,441
I like kopi and kaya for breakfast sometimes😄😊

Dec 23, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #1,077 of 2,441
I still don’t get the fuss about haven‘t experienced the significant sonic differences due to amp power for the Believe. I DO understand that it’s not about volume, but rather that the increased amp power contributes to better control of the driver, etc. I’ve been listening to the Believe with multiple sources, and I must not be good at hearing the differences, b/c I didn’t hear significant differences in driver speed, definition, accuracy, clarity, etc between the different sources. I’m not arguing anything, or trying to discredit anyone else’s experiences, I’m just making note of my own.

- Qudelix 5K - somehow this seemed to have the least headroom, despite running it at 4V, balanced, with high output. I had to turn up the volume a lot, but the overall sound didn’t lag behind the other sources.

- iPad direct - this actually seemed to have more headroom than the 5K. Clarity, definition, speed all seemed appropriate.

- Dragonfly Cobalt - this had plenty of headroom. Everything sounded great, but not significantly different. The discernible differences seemed to more likely be due to the different DAC.

- Schiit Magni, fed from DFC - I can’t say that I hear a significant difference here either. Perhaps things sound slightly slightly clearer at a lower volume, so I don’t need to turn the volume up as loud, and that’s about it.

Take this all with a tiny grain of salt. This is but one humble opinion, that happens to be in the minority.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #1,078 of 2,441

mine sounded good with BTR5 with balanced cable to have extra 6-10 dB.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #1,079 of 2,441
tbh I'm pretty sure that I'd be okay without all those power since my ears aren't that sensitive
but I dunno, what those reviewers said kinda demotivated me to buy one and I think a lot of ppl feel the same lol

there's a used one sold for ~117 bucks on local marketplace here, compared to the current price (180) I think it's really a good deal
but no one grabbed it until now despite the hype, it's been 2 weeks

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,080 of 2,441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back