KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 10, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #901 of 2,441
Just got my Believe. Very early impressions are certainly positive!

That's the important thing, that it sounds good. With more or less marketing of and amount of beryllium ... Enjoy and let us know about Believe. I can't wait for them to come and try them.

Dec 10, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #902 of 2,441
Hi here's a small review on the KBEAR BElieve:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kbear-believe.24766/reviews#item-review-24896

KBEAR BElieve main (1).jpeg

KBEAR BElieve Review – Bearly Believable?
TLDR: BEAR WITH ME, ISN’T IT BARELY BELIEVABLE THAT THE BELIEVE IS BRIMMING WITH BERYLLIUM?

Pros:

Good build, comfortable, well fitting.
Very good technicalities for a single DD set (may not beat multi driver types at this price point though).
Refined, organic and smooth tonality.
Good timbre.
Good accessories.
Good price to performance ratio compared to other purported full beryllium DDs.
Takes massive EQ like a champ.
2 pin connector -> better lifespan than MMCX in general.

Cons:
High powered source needed as per the low sensitivity – sounds muddy, congested and smears in bass when not powered adequately. (***PLEASE CONSIDER ALTERNATIVE IEMS IF YOU ARE NOT INTENDING TO GET AN ADEQUATELY POWERED SOURCE WITH THE KBEAR BELIEVE***)
Average isolation.
Average soundstage width.
Bass not the fastest in decay/transients when underpowered (this improves with amping).

Comparisons with some summitFI single DD types like the DUNU LUNA and Final Audio A8000 are done here, but unfortunately, I couldn't get access to audition the NM2+ which is also another hypetrain single DD at a similar price as the KBEAR BElieve. Will try to get it one day to do A/B comparisons!

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #903 of 2,441
That's the important thing, that it sounds good. With more or less marketing of and amount of beryllium ... Enjoy and let us know about Believe. I can't wait for them to come and try them.
Exactly! It definitely has sound characteristics of at least beryllium coated drivers. It is much more beautiful in person. Pics definitely don’t do it justice. Weight, build, feel are all excellent. I bought the KBEAR Limpid Pro cable to use with it.
Even though AFAIK, the evidence thus far still hasn’t proven it to be solid beryllium, as opposed to coated on both sides, as has been stated by several members, it’s ultimately irrelevant, given the sound. This definitely ain’t no dumb “noble metal” driver.

Dec 10, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #904 of 2,441
These are the activity contents of Draw Events held respectively in KB EAR Impression Thread and TRI Impression Thread! Please have a look in advance! I will repost messages later on 12.11, and people who want to participate need to reply me at the messages and tag me at the same time, then I will count you in and do a lucky draw on 12.12! Do you want to check your luck? Just come and join us!

@WendyLi
😁

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #907 of 2,441
Wish to know your PRAT factor with BElieve. Thank you😊
TBH I really don’t understand what PRaT is supposed to mean in the context of describing qualities of HPs or IEMs (I know what the acronym stands for though.). I find the sound to be fast and punchy overall, as is one of the main liked characteristics of beryllium type drivers. The transient attack is potent, with quite a sharp leading edge to notes, and the decay is natural, but not prolonged. I find that it sounds good with such fast paced music as death metal.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #908 of 2,441
TBH I really don’t understand what PRaT is supposed to mean in the context of describing qualities of HPs or IEMs (I know what the acronym stands for though.). I find the sound to be fast and punchy overall, as is one of the main liked characteristics of beryllium type drivers. The transient attack is potent, with quite a sharp leading edge to notes, and the decay is natural, but not prolonged. I find that it sounds good with such fast paced music as death metal.
Thanks for your inputs, This said, PRaT is literally in the eyes and the mind of the listener.
Price/Ratio/Resolution and Tuning?😊

Dec 10, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #911 of 2,441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back