KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Aug 18, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #31 of 2,441
That would explain why my experience differs so much from that of @Dobrescu George. I really hope KB EAR can do better in the future with more consistent quality.
I just got a pair of the F1 in the mail yesterday, and spent the better part of the day listening to them. I guess I must have gotten one of the better drivers as well, cause I think they sound great for the price. I also really like the simple design. I have a black pair, and would need a magnifying lens to read the info on the driver. But from what I can make out it does look similar to the Bellsing posted earlier.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #32 of 2,441
Perhaps that is why you didn’t like it?

If your driver is so generic there’s not even any markings, then it’s anyone’s guess if it sounds like it was intended to. We know there’s at least 4 different drivers (unintentionally) used in the F1, and some are better than others (and even have different tuning than others).

4 iterations?! MAN

That would explain why my experience differs so much from that of @Dobrescu George. I really hope KB EAR can do better in the future with more consistent quality.

Yeah, in the case there are like 4 versions around, there's high chance we literally don't talk about the same IEM :)

Aug 19, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #33 of 2,441
4 iterations?! MAN

Yeah, in the case there are like 4 versions around, there's high chance we literally don't talk about the same IEM :)

Yes, that is a major issue. It makes reviewing a PITA. The way I see it, a meaningful review must contain the exact driver used. Otherwise, it’s literally not even the same IEM as you pointed out.

It’s like a model of car that is offered from the manufacturer with 3 different engine options - a small hybrid engine with little power but excellent fuel economy, a more powerful 6-cyl gasoline engine, and a high output turbocharged engine. Can you imagine how difficult reviews would be to follow without knowing which exact engine was in the car being reviewed? The engine is the heart of the car, and everything from acceleration, fuel economy, handling, gross vehicle weight, weight distribution, braking effectiveness, cost, etc is all directly influenced by the engine.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #34 of 2,441
Yes, that is a major issue. It makes reviewing a PITA. The way I see it, a meaningful review must contain the exact driver used. Otherwise, it’s literally not even the same IEM as you pointed out.

It’s like a model of car that is offered from the manufacturer with 3 different engine options - a small hybrid engine with little power but excellent fuel economy, a more powerful 6-cyl gasoline engine, and a high output turbocharged engine. Can you imagine how difficult reviews would be to follow without knowing which exact engine was in the car being reviewed? The engine is the heart of the car, and everything from acceleration, fuel economy, handling, gross vehicle weight, weight distribution, braking effectiveness, cost, etc is all directly influenced by the engine.

That is kinda my point, makes it REALLY hard to difference them

I hope that KB Ear will at least make some aesthetic changes when changing driverts, so we know which one we're looking at. Mine have non-label drivers, can't read any coding on them.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 2,441
That is kinda my point, makes it REALLY hard to difference them

I hope that KB Ear will at least make some aesthetic changes when changing driverts, so we know which one we're looking at. Mine have non-label drivers, can't read any coding on them.

Maybe it has something to do with the color options of F1? Like amber/orange colored ones has the same driver and same goes with the smoke, clear or black?

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #36 of 2,441
Maybe it has something to do with the color options of F1? Like amber/orange colored ones has the same driver and same goes with the smoke, clear or black?

I don't think so, because photos were posted of ambers with 2 different drivers.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #37 of 2,441

Wait, you mean I suppose to check what engine the car have before buying it? I mean, they all take me from A to B.
II usually just check the stereo, comfy seats, cup holders, and pricetag.

Oh, and the external size to usable size ratio, dont wanna look like an American in a truck.

MAYBE it has to do with usage... I guess if you use your IEM to hear the soccer match the driver doesn't matter neither.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #38 of 2,441
Hi Friend!
This is KB EAR HiFi earphone company, I am Wendy, the manager of KB EAR brand, our team has developed two brands KB EAR and TRI, and released a total of 5 pairs of earphone and 3 pairs earphone cable.

KB EAR Official Aliexpress KB EAR Store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5017064?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000002.2.39cd64ebsUuUl6

Establish this thread, I hope to hear your feedback and suggestions on KB EAR earphones, I hope to witness the gradual growth of KB EAR, and then share our new products here with everyone. Stay tuned!

Email:wendy@kb-ear.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100036686032855
Twitter:https://twitter.com/KBEAR40383392
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kbear.li.li/

Maybe Wendy Li can shine a light on these F1 drivers messup.

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #40 of 2,441
I'm quite impressed by my pair of F1's, they use the TENHZ 29898 driver (mine are blue as they had run out of the clear colour).

Build wise the MMCX come out at an angle but they look pretty solid overall. Sound wise, pretty smooth across the board with great midrange but slightly limited extension on each end as to be expected.

Excuse the poor quality, heavily cropped from my review photo:

DSC_5858.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #41 of 2,441
Friend,The F1 unit of each color is the same, but the light will have some effect on the product when we shoot, resulting in the difference between the picture and the real thing.

That wasnt the question... check the commentd before, some have TENHZ 29898 drivers, others have Bellsing 32257 and others have unbranded BAs (that looks like are the ones that sound bad) and people are pointing out there is a 4th version around.

Thats is a problem as we cant trust any review as we have no idea what comes inside it.

What we need to know is why so much different drivers?
How can we trust a review if each one is different from the other?
How can we recommend it if it may be good or may be bad?

So we are asking you to clarify it, If we buy one TODAY, do we know what will we receive?

Unless some clear indication from you on why it happens and what are in stock today, we can't recommend those.

PS.: And THATS why some insider from the brand can be so useful here, otherwise we just put that model in "do not recommend" list.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #42 of 2,441
Maybe Wendy Li can shine a light on these F1 drivers messup.

They said the different drivers was an accidental mixup at the manufacturer.

They also said that the “right” F1 is supposed to have a custom Bellsing BA. I have one on the way, and will let everyone know what driver it has and post photos, sound comparison with my “old” F1.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #43 of 2,441
So I've had the TRI I4 for about a week now (purchased on Aliexpress before I noticed that I could also buy them from Amazon), they came really quickly. Nice package, solid build and finish, but most surprising to me is how good they sound. Listening to Daft Punk's Random Access Memories in hi-res lossless on my Onkyo DP-S1 via a balanced cable right now and I have no complaints. No detectable sibilance, great low-end with oomph when it's needed, smooth highs, good staging. Best of all, I can just get lost in the music. I went through my usual library of eartips with them to find the best fit, for these I've been using the Auvio silicone tips. I hope to follow up with more detailed comparisons to other earphones later, but so far I'm really impressed. One thing to note is that on Aliexpress the color options are blue and silver, and I chose silver but on the back of the box it's called gold. Fortunately it's not really gold (I don't need that much bling in my ears), and I notice on Amazon it's called champagne which is more accurate.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #44 of 2,441
So I've had the TRI I4 for about a week now (purchased on Aliexpress before I noticed that I could also buy them from Amazon), they came really quickly. Nice package, solid build and finish, but most surprising to me is how good they sound. Listening to Daft Punk's Random Access Memories in hi-res lossless on my Onkyo DP-S1 via a balanced cable right now and I have no complaints. No detectable sibilance, great low-end with oomph when it's needed, smooth highs, good staging. Best of all, I can just get lost in the music. I went through my usual library of eartips with them to find the best fit, for these I've been using the Auvio silicone tips. I hope to follow up with more detailed comparisons to other earphones later, but so far I'm really impressed. One thing to note is that on Aliexpress the color options are blue and silver, and I chose silver but on the back of the box it's called gold. Fortunately it's not really gold (I don't need that much bling in my ears), and I notice on Amazon it's called champagne which is more accurate.

Im really considering getting one of those... but also the NiceHCK NX7 and I cant decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back