Kate joins the wrecking crew . . .
Jul 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus

Kate, born 4/21/11, field stock English Springer Spaniel.  Thursday, I got an insight that my Kate was looking for me.  So I called my breeder and they had had their first litter of their own dogs in three years (the recession hit dog breeding hard, Bill had been doing training and breeding client's dogs for them).  And there were two little girls available.
beerchug.gif

First nap snugged up to her older sister Rosie; looks like she knows what she's doing.

Knew what she was doing right away with Big Mean Kittie, too.  She's small, smart, fast, and relentless.  Just the way Pa likes his girls.
biggrin.gif

Another tired springer girl discovers the comforts of the Pa's lap. 
cool.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 18
Kate is beautiful!  Congratulations on the addition to your family! 

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 18
It's fun watching the wheels turn as she learns the pack and the house.  This morning, I felt this little tongue licking one finger on my closed hand until that finger began to relax and straighten and then   .  .  .  little teeth!   Not a hard bite, but a testing chomp of a young girl fresh from her litter.
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 18
Jul 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 18
Great time in the raising of a dog. Their personality is coming out and the bonds are being made. They're such loving creatures, I realize their merits in being man's best friends.

Enjoy!

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 18
Beautiful dog. Congratulations!

We have our own "wrecking crew" consisting of twin Miniature Australian Shepherds. Bring up two puppies at the same time was...interesting.
blink.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
Fortunately, she likes rawhide chew strips even better.

That's good!  Fortunately our last several dogs have chosen to prefer their various chew toys over anything they should not chew on.  One exception was when Bubba was a pup, he took a liking to a rather expensive Pendleton blanket pillo which was part of a matched limited edition set.  He pretty much just chewed the corner off and outside piece of felt, which was replaceable.  When that happened, I decided to make sure they all had many things of  their own to chew on, so they wouldn't mess with mine.  It seems to have worked.  That incident was many years ago and we haven't had any more such surprises since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back