Kate Bush's new album is a work of genius...
Nov 2, 2005 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Ruggerio79

100+ Head-Fier
had the chance to listen to the whole album today...its brilliant...
orphsmile.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggerio79
had the chance to listen to the whole album today...its brilliant...

Whenever I think an album is brilliant right out of the cover, I get a little worried. Cause it seems that more often than not, for me, and I'm just talking about me here, after another 5 or 10 listens I'm left wondering what happened. Almost inevitable in the modern age. And fortunately, the vice versa is often true with me too. But ya never know. Just gotta give em time. See what kind of legs they grow. What did you think of the Red Shoes at first? Pretty high expectations, but I think many were ultimately let down by that one. Glad to hear she's back so strong.

Nov 3, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 25
Got my hands on a copy today (many thanks to a nameless -Fi'er
wink.gif
)...at first listen sounds awesome...almost medieval in spots, but I've only got through a few tracks on the first CD.
Ahhh, bliss...
icon10.gif

-Nac...

Nov 3, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 25
Interesting that the record company even released it as a double cd as it comes in handily at 80 minutes.. they can fit all that on one disc now cant they?

still It's very good from what I've heard of it

Nov 12, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #10 of 25
Used to be a hardcore fan of Kate Bush in the 80's and 90's, "Hounds of Love" was one of the most important pieces of music in my youth. However, last album "the red shoes" was kinda disappointing. A soulless thingway to meet some contracts with the music label.

"Aerial" definetely isn't disappointing. It really brought me back to my origins (as I switched over to electronica and classical in the last years), and it were moments of great passion to meet Kate again.

Great piece of art and music, that doesn't get lost in cliches. Even better than "The Sensual World" IMHO.

Thumbs up.

Nov 13, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #11 of 25
Bought it the day it was released, but had to go out of town for two days following. Have listened to it twice since arriving back home. Kate takes time to absorb. More comments when they are applicable.

JC

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #12 of 25
Finally, a two disc concept album that doesn't fall to crap in the beginning, the middle, or the end. This is definitely a great way to reel in Kate Bush fans both new and old and I am glad that I paid attention to the music forum and I bought Aerial today. I stayed up tonight just to listen to it and it is really magnificent especially with the gradual shift in musical genres and focus from the beginning to the end. It becomes a powerhouse of an album and one that you probably won't just toss into your circular file either. I can't wait to listen to it again!

Nov 21, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 25
A wonderful album. Kate Bush is a post-feminist romantic; from "Wuthering Heights" to this collection, she is IMO a 21st century version of a Thomas Hardy heroine.

This will likely be on the short list of anyone's favorite pop albums of 2005. Recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back