Karaokeequipment.com?
Mar 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Necrolic

1000+ Head-Fier
Somebody linked me to the D7000 page of their website, where it's being sold for $580. I am almost positive they aren't authorized resellers, but does anybody know if they're legit, as in are these headphones real or are they fakes?

Denon AH-D7000 Around-Ear Stereo Headphones AHD7000

That's the page, I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I don't really want to take the risk unless I'm sure it's legit.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by third_eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would stay away and wait until J&R gets then back in. You should be able to get them for around $600 and they will have a warranty. Here is a link I found on Karaoke........

KARAOKE EQUIPMENT/ Shai Neubauer Review - AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS in Brooklyn , NY - BBB Reliability Report - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

BBB does not have information, why did you link it?

And you don't even explain why you would wait to buy it for $50 more. (You do mention the warranty but it's not clear that this is true.)

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And you don't even explain why you would wait to buy it for $50 more. (You do mention the warranty but it's not clear that this is true.)

Good Lord, it's my opinion. If you want to take a risk with an unaccredited vendor to save $50 be my guest.
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Good Lord, it's my opinion. If you want to take a risk with an unaccredited vendor to save $50 be my guest.
beerchug.gif

Don't throw around "accreditation" like it means anything in this context. It's a registered business but they didn't pay the BBB fee and I don't blame them.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 12
There was a discussion about them a few weeks back. Between the fibbing about BBB accreditation, low numbers of reviews on google checkout (that until recently never showed up on ResellerRatings.com if you clicked on them) and an apparent clone site, they seem a bit fishy.

p.s. the BBB explicitly mentioned that they had contacted them about their false claim, that had not been taken down from their site. BBB registration requires a few things to prove that they are legitimate and customers don't file complaints about bad/dishonest business practices so it can mean the difference between a scam and real site at least in this case.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It at least proves that they don't mind lying about things that are intended to build your trust enough to send them nearly a thousand dollars for a pair of headphones.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

I would stay away and wait until J&R gets then back in. You should be able to get them for around $600 and they will have a warranty. Here is a link I found on Karaoke........

KARAOKE EQUIPMENT/ Shai Neubauer Review - AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT DEALERS in Brooklyn , NY - BBB Reliability Report - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region

I take it you've spoken to J&R and they quoted you the price of around $600? Amazon, with whom they seem to partner on many of their products, is listing it at $899. That's a rather dramatic difference.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by givemevinyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take it you've spoken to J&R and they quoted you the price of around $600? Amazon, with whom they seem to partner on many of their products, is listing it at $899. That's a rather dramatic difference.

There have been many folks on here who have gone the J&R sales rep method and come out with these babies for under $600. There was either a separate thread for it or possibly buried in the fan thread somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back