Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #121 of 179
Completely forgot about this thread. I know school is back on, but we can try again to get something going This Winter break. The Library may be a good Idea. The "Bluford Branch" room looks to be the most useful. If the golden squares on the ground are outlets. If we can get a new headcount of who all would be willing to go, getting the 80 dollars for a full day should be pretty easy from a big enough group. Lets see if there is enough interest in this still. 

Based on size maybe someone local may be able to host or know somewhere we could hold a mini meet-up. My arsenal of audio has grown a bit from my last post so I do have more to offer this time around. 

cheers

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #124 of 179
Ok so that makes a total of 4. Easily a mini meet-up. I sent pm's to people from these thread that were from the area so lets give them a week or so to see before we start making anything to official. Once we hammer out location, we can start a fresh  thread with current info and what all everyone is bringing. 

cheers

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #125 of 179
I was looking at them or the 600 for my next set. I do need to burn in the 598's a bit though, they are brand new.
3.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #128 of 179
Still not sure on a place in KC to meet. Someone did link : http://www.kclibrary.org/space/meeting-rooms  before. I have looked a bit, but if anyone has better ideas we are all ears. The main concern would be enough power/outlets to power all the gear. Of the links above the Bluford Branch looks like one of the best option if this gets decently big. If smaller maybe the Waldo Small or Large rooms. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #133 of 179
I really don't have any gear to bring to the table anymore, I decided to put my money towards actual music (I'm pretty young, a high school teen doesn't need to be putting his money to equipment as much when he already has a nice stereo and only like 200 albums of music to listen to
redface.gif
)

I have my PS Audio DLIII DAC to bring. And I'm still interested in hearing other stuff, just not buying or anything. Let me know what happens.

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #134 of 179
My drive is under 3 hours, but I would crash at a friend or family's house rather than drive back.... Back to the topic though, do you guys have any dates picked out?

As of now it looks like it would be a smaller meet up so it would be best to try to see if we can fit it in for everyone. I was thinking sometime around Christmas break as that would be when many might be free. I'm kinda down whenever if it's on fri, sat, or sun. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #135 of 179
As of now it looks like it would be a smaller meet up so it would be best to try to see if we can fit it in for everyone. I was thinking sometime around Christmas break as that would be when many might be free. I'm kinda down whenever if it's on fri, sat, or sun. 

I am absolutely not suggesting you should plan the event around my schedule... but I gotta throw this out there, I work retail. So December is out for me. After January 1, I am flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back