Kann Alpha Help Needed
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Matthew D

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
I am at my wit's end trying to get my Kann Alpha to play DSD files as a DAC from my windows laptop. Every file I play has the red led light for 16 bits and it never changes. I change the USB to DAC from MTP after I connect the player. I have MusicBee and JRiver Media Center 27. In JRiver, I selected the Dreamus USB Audio Device as the driver first. I then clicked on Device Manager and checked the box under Output for DSD bistream in DoP format. I then click on DSD and output format and make sure Output Encoding has None and no change is listed for all frequencies. Lastly, I click on Bitstreaming and check the DSD box. I have played around with all these settings and I get one of two results: 1) nothing plays or 2) I hear music but the led light is red for 16 bit. If I connect my Alpha to Tidal I can get the green light for 24-bit audio, and I do get purple led for playing DSD files stored internally. JRiver has not yet approved me for posting on their forums, so thought I'd take a shot here to see if other Kann Alpha users have had success where I have failed. With MusicBee it's fewer buttons to check, but I only get hissing when trying to play higher bit rates. When I do hear music, my led is always red. I posted a question on the MusisBee forum only yesterday but I know users here are much smarter so maybe I get a quicker response!

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back