K712 owners HELP MEEEE
Aug 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

AdamTR

100+ Head-Fier
So I decided to take of the earpads for cleaning but STUPID me took them both off at the same time, now I don't know how they supposed to be put back on..
Anyone got high resolution pics or can make them with the good placement of the earpads? I'll be very thankfull!!!

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 26
I understand how to put them on but with the K712 the pads are not perfectly round so my question is in which direction it should be put on sorry if it wasn't clear, thanks anyway!!

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 26
Adam, put the pad down on a table, velour up. There should be half that sits higher up off the table when looked at from the side. The high section goes to the back.

If your pads are like mine, then it doesn't matter. My headphone came with pads the same thickness all of the way round. My headphone is new and was made in China, not Austria.

When taken off, they may just look slightly distorted in shape.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 26
With a light touch of my fingers, I could tell there was a slight difference in thickness.  i put the thicker part toward the rear and it feels OK. The gel is self-molding so I don't even know if there is supposed to be a difference before wearing them . . . not like K702 pads that are definitely thicker in places.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 26
Adam, put the pad down on a table, velour up. There should be half that sits higher up off the table when looked at from the side. The high section goes to the back.

If your pads are like mine, then it doesn't matter. My headphone came with pads the same thickness all of the way round. My headphone is new and was made in China, not Austria.

When taken off, they may just look slightly distorted in shape.

The K712 pad are thick on 2 sides, it has this weird shape not round..

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #9 of 26
  With a light touch of my fingers, I could tell there was a slight difference in thickness.  i put the thicker part toward the rear and it feels OK. The gel is self-molding so I don't even know if there is supposed to be a difference before wearing them . . . not like K702 pads that are definitely thicker in places.

If you look closely it has 2 thick sides, but the inside is not round maybe you have to look at that freaking AKG couldn't they put a number or stripe on the inside pffffff

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #10 of 26
I don't like having to push down in four places in order to make all 4 tags connect properly. You have to completely collapse the pad to get them on. I'm not keen on that.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #11 of 26
  If you look closely it has 2 thick sides, but the inside is not round maybe you have to look at that freaking AKG couldn't they put a number or stripe on the inside pffffff

Maybe the best way is to test the position of the pad by wearing it ?  Seems to work for me.  (I can't figure out which end it up otherwise.)   
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #12 of 26

The K712 pad are thick on 2 sides, it has this weird shape not round..

We're confused about what you mean by "weird shape not round," can you post a photo? Here's a pic of the K701 earpad (it's the same shape all the way to the K7XX) to give you an idea of what he means by setting it down on a table so you can see the thick side, if at least on a normal earpad.

It's thicker to the right - that thicker half should be the rear-half relative to your head.

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 26
Those are the old pads and it doesn't matter which way round you fix them. They sound slightly less bassy than the newer pads. Protegemaniac's picture is spot on. They're the newer pads. My old k612 came with the pads that you're showing us. I replaced them with K702 new pads. Bigger sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back