K702 with K712 memory foam pads
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mjolnir125

100+ Head-Fier
I know that some people have purchased the K712/annie memory foam pads (I think they are the same) and used them on the K701/K702/Q701. I just purchased the K702 but I am thinking I would prefer memory foam for comfort, and some people have stated that it increases bass as well, which is always welcome with the K702, as well as reduces the somewhat "echoey" large soundstage.

If you have used the memory pads with any of the non memory foam pad models (ideally the K702, since that is what I have), could you share your experiences?

I realize there are some anecdotes here and there in the K712 appreciation thread, but since i am looking for people who have used them with the K701/K702 I thought it made more sense to make a separate thread on the topic.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 5
I have K702 and seriously considered a pad upgrade, when I first got them. After a few weeks of breakin in another system, the sound mellowed considerably and the bass became more fleshed-out. Then, I did the bass mod (do a quick search) and my desire to change pads left just as quickly. YMMV. BTW, a good amplifier helps immensely. I prefer a tube-upgraded Little Dot mkIII and the Vio V200 with mine. Good luck.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 5
I gave up on this after getting HD600's which have a warmer sound anyway, so I am keeping the AKG's stock to maximize soundstage as I mostly use them for gaming now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back