K701s for a good price in the UK
Jul 19, 2006 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DennyL

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of AKG K701s from www.earphonesolutions.com in the US. I emailed them to get their 'special price', so that the total cost with US$39.95 shipping to the UK was US$329.94. and £179.78 has been debited from my credit card. I ordered them on Friday 14th and they arrived on Wednesday 19th, declared as 'headphones' with a value of US$20. When I placed the order I made a typo in my email address, and the same day emailed them with a correction, and got an email back within 24 hours.

I had previously been struggling on German Web sites, and had not found a price for the 701s that came anywhere near as low as the amount I have paid, so altogether a very satisfactory transaction.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Yep, there are some decent deals around if you buy online from the US, but you just need to be aware that you may possible be stung for import/customs duties. I've had a few things shipped over and only had to pay duties a couple of times before, but the first time I did I was bummed when I found out that the invoice only arrives a few days after the product itself.

If you go a week without receiving one, though, then I think you can be fairly confident one isn't going to arrive, in which case you've got yourself a deal.
600smile.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Yes, I'm aware that an invoice might turn up after the delivery, but I'm encouraged in this case because the declared value was $20. I bought a DarkVoice which arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I seem to have got away with it so far. If I do get caught for a payment I shall report it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back