K701 Defect?
Jan 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

yankees1774

New Head-Fier
Hi all-

I received my k701s from Headroom about a week ago and have been playing with them since. Initially, I wasn't blown away by the sound but it seems to me that I will not achieve such an effect without a thorough break-in and a proper amp set-up. All in all, then, I'd say I'm satisfied with them and growing to like them more and more. There is, however, one ergonomic issue that has been bothering me. I've noticed that the swivel mechanism on the left earcup does not move freely (as it does on the right earcup) and instead tends to get caught on something in one particular position. It does move completely back and forth, but not freely and only with some applied force. This was little more than a minor annoyance at first, but I'm beginning to realize that it is affecting the positioning of the headphones when I'm wearing them. That is, while the right earcup is bowed fully outward the left earcup remains stuck at about 85-90%. I'm not quite sure as to the particular effect this has on balance/sound quality, but it seems to me that this should not be the case. Has anyone experienced anything similar or can anyone suggest how I might fix this?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back