K701 creeking sound?
Mar 30, 2007 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

phaseshift

100+ Head-Fier
I have a new pair of K701's powered with a Woo 6. I love the phones so far, but I get this creeking sound in both ears when I move my head. This is mechanical not electronic. Does anyone else have this problem, and does it get any better?

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by phaseshift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a new pair of K701's powered with a Woo 6. I love the phones so far, but I get this creeking sound in both ears when I move my head. This is mechanical not electronic. Does anyone else have this problem, and does it get any better?

I've seen several people complain about this. For me, it's not much of a problem, but I can see what you mean.

Best advice is the same advice my grandmother's doctor gives her about her back pain: "Simple... don't move so much!"
wink.gif

--Chris

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 9
yeah mine did out of the box, with a bit of use it stopped

when i wiggle my ears around it happens but you know... i don't normally do ear exercises while listening

i suppose if you want a quick fix some lube/wd40 stuff like that might do the trick

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the AKG squeak. It's the headphone's way of saying "jeebus, why am I being stretched out so much on this guy's gigantic melon?"

Ok, I asked for that.

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #9 of 9
Quiet Headphones are highly overated ;-}

Although, I do remember mine doing this when they were brand new and tight; However I haven't noticed it lately, so apparently it vanishes with use....

Loosen-up, it's almost the weekend ;-}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back