May 10, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 24
confused.gif

May 10, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
confused.gif

My thoughts exactly!

May 10, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 24
I'm just curious as to how he avoided the "10 characters per post" rule originally...

May 10, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 24
I've just searched eBay for this auction but could not find it. Care to provide a link? I'd suspect that either this auction will be withdrawn due to an error in the listing, or it is a scam.

There is a pair of demo (like new) K1000's that have a current bid price of $137.50 with 5+ days to go. That may end up being a pretty good deal.

May 10, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 24
You're right. I posted this query about 30 -40 minutes ago. Since that time the 2 Buy It Now auctions have disappeared from EBAY. Hmm. Maybe it was a scam. Who knows? If it was I hope this thread in some small way stopped it.

May 10, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 24
I've seen a 'buy it now' scam for buying Grado RS-1 phones for $5 on ebay, but if you read carefully, they just sell you the info on how to get Grado phones at a very low price (which is to good to be true). I guess some folks are dumb enough to fall for things like that.

May 10, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by itza2mer
I've seen a 'buy it now' scam for buying Grado RS-1 phones for $5 on ebay, but if you read carefully, they just sell you the info on how to get Grado phones at a very low price (which is to good to be true). I guess some folks are dumb enough to fall for things like that.

Those are total scams. The "I've been getting electronics and blah blah blah for free, and I can show you how."

Stay far away. These are almost as bad as those matrices/pyramid schemes.

-Ed

May 10, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
you sneaky devil.....

That damn hamster is becoming a pack rat!
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2004 at 4:56 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
biggrin.gif

Does the '
biggrin.gif
' mean that you put up the auction to torment us, or that you snagged $9 K1000's?

I'm guessing that an ebay newbie made a typo in the entry and then withdrew it....

May 10, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #13 of 24
If you mean I sent it before I put the text in you're right but I didn't withdraw it. It seemed like a scam but I wanted to get some feedback on it first
If it was a scam, I hope we (that's the collective "we" at Head-Fi) helped someone from losing their money.

May 10, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Does the '
biggrin.gif
' mean that you put up the auction to torment us, or that you snagged $9 K1000's?

I'm guessing that an ebay newbie made a typo in the entry and then withdrew it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I'm just curious as to how he avoided the "10 characters per post" rule originally...

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back