K1000 vs Omega 2 vs W2002.
Jan 28, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 26
No comment ?
redface.gif

I think I might let them all go for the ease of the decision...
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does nos tubes matter? do tubes burn out?

NOS indicates tubes those were designed and made a few decades earlier. I've learned and found that many NOS versions can contribute significantly better sound quality in tube amps.

Yes, tubes burn out like light bulbs, but at a longer lifespan.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 26
I haven't heard a single piece of gear on that list, but I can tell you I'd be happy with any one of those combinations.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 26
Sell the kids, gear is more important. And cheaper.

Everyone has kids, how many have a K1000 or O2? Really, answer me that. You could probably get a decent price for the kids but steer clear of ebay, they can be a pain.

KIDINNNNNNNNG, or am I?

;p

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell the kids, gear is more important. And cheaper.

Everyone has kids, how many have a K1000 or O2? Really, answer me that. You could probably get a decent price for the kids but steer clear of ebay, they can be a pain.

KIDINNNNNNNNG, or am I?

;p

If I unload the kids.... my boss at home is going to list me on the bay as soon as she finds out.
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 26
Keep the O2 and WooAudio.

For the price of K1000 these days, you can get a half decent set of speakers.

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some funding to work on a project for my kids, and might have to let go 2 out of 3 rigs. I'm confused because I love them all and hate to let go any of them. If they are yours, which one would you keep ?

it depends?

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #13 of 26
I love ATs but in your situation i would let the W2002 go. The price you can get for it right now as compared to what it cost 5 years ago NEW makes it a no-brainer. It was cheaper as the W5000 is today, W5000 = 120000 Yen, W2002 = 100000 Yen, take off the usual 25-35% for it's real streetprice)
Also it's a quite a step below the W5000 technically, though it has a different tonality and soundstaging.

From all ATs its my least favourite due to price/sq ratio, taking the current going price. For the old price it was ok and if you take the optics into consideration a great buy, but with todays 2nd hand prices, "no way"
wink.gif

Not a big fan of the K1000 so i would let that one go too..
wink.gif

I havent heard the O2 but from reading alot about it i'd say its the best allrounder.. or to say it in another way: neither the AKG nor the AT are big allrounders in my opinion. ymmv
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back