K1000....Oh my G_d.
Mar 11, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
The crossfeed is very subtle but definitely noticeable. I like how the K1000 makes other cans sound stuffy
k1000smile.gif

Subtle?

These are crossfeeding like they invented the term. Total perfect in balance crossfeed, all octaves, yes they are subtle......subtle perfection crossfeed....whoaaaaaa

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
Yep the K1000s are something special. I've only just started to "hear" them after owning them for a few months now.

Enjoy D&E!

Gonna wear them to bed tonight. Listened to them a few times at meets, etc, but never hooked up to a big boy amp in the quiet of my den sitting on a carved from one piece of heavy dark wood, ie, Ethiapon throne chair. Talk about synergy, primitive african chair, french tubes, Euro AKGs, Islay single malt...kids out, wife..wherever HEAVEN!!!

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Gonna wear them to bed tonight. Listened to them a few times at meets, etc, but never hooked up to a big boy amp in the quiet of my den sitting on a carved from one piece of heavy dark wood, ie, Ethiapon throne chair. Talk about synergy, primitive african chair, french tubes, Euro AKGs, Islay single malt...kids out, wife..wherever HEAVEN!!!

Here here! Right now, sitting in my recliner, wife and kids in bed, dogs at my feet, remastered Pat Metheny I picked up at lunch today playing(pre 1984 collection) lights dimmed, WISHING I had a 15 yr Islay, Sam Adams will have to do, and laptop burning my crotch.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

What kind of Islay are you drinking??

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 28
Wow, you are definitly gathering quite a superb collecion of goodies there. If you ever decide your ED-1 is surplus to requrements (it being for such a lowly system and all) I'll be happy to unburden you
wink.gif

With all those superb 'phones on tap, how do you decide which to listen to and do you choose on musical/'phone synergy?

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
Here here! Right now, sitting in my recliner, wife and kids in bed, dogs at my feet, remastered Pat Metheny I picked up at lunch today playing(pre 1984 collection) lights dimmed, WISHING I had a 15 yr Islay, Sam Adams will have to do, and laptop burning my crotch.

"Laptop burning crotch", "Dog at your feet" ...My kind of guy.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Wow, you are definitly gathering quite a superb collecion of goodies there. If you ever decide your ED-1 is surplus to requrements (it being for such a lowly system and all) I'll be happy to unburden you
wink.gif

With all those superb 'phones on tap, how do you decide which to listen to and do you choose on musical/'phone synergy?

It is a sick hobby, but a nice one. Like a merry go round. I jump on one horse then the next, all fun, no favorite, the ride is the thing the brass ring is an illusion, but the music and the ride play on and on.

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Just got Yikes pair with the Siltech. Running with a Jadis Defy 7 mk3....Extrodinary. The walls are not even in the equation. What an expansive soundstage. They sound exquisite......whoaaaaa
Dan

PS...the dog will have to walk himself, I can not take these speakers off my head.

Damn...the ****zu just piddled on the carpet........

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
Just be happy you don't have a Great Dane.
k1000smile.gif
You can use these Smilies now too.

In college had a humongous Saint Bernard. Now a ****zu,
the good old days...............

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #28 of 28
Dude, you aren't kidding. These headphones are smoking!

I just got a pair this week. Still deciding on the proper amp to get for them, these are blowing my mind even with a Headroom Micro amp (which is a little miracle amp with the heart of a lion). I can't believe how awesome the K1000s are, simply incredible. The best part is once I find a few watts they'll be even better!

So tempted to start yet another "what amp for my new K1000s" thread, but that's been done quite a bit. Up for consideration are Cayin, Opera Consonance, Musical Fidelity X-Cans V3 (supposed to put out 1 watt), or throw some resistors on a T-Amp and take my chances (no big guns in that list as I'm trying to conserve on money - recently bought the Stax 3030 system and just got the Micro Amp).

Congrats on your purchase, from the looks of things, you got a great deal!

-- Gordie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back