K1000 in bed?
Feb 16, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 35
Definitely not if the lady is around, but I would definitely give it some thought. Good question regardless, I have not seen a thread like this before!

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 35
this begs the question, are you single?
redface.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 35
If he isn't already married, he'll never get laid wearing those headphones in bed. Which woman would be attracted to a guy who wears them?
k701smile.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by triode12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he isn't already married, he'll never get laid wearing those headphones in bed. Which woman would be attracted to a guy who wears them?
k701smile.gif

That's the whole point, he doesn't need to be interested in any lady, just his K1000. His K1000 will please him in ways no woman can! It's the truth!

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #9 of 35
not my dream girl cuz that would mean double the wallet burnage
k1000smile.gif
although it is fun to share the addiction it is just as much fun to keep it to myself. jaycalgary it seems you have a predicament. best of luck to you my friend. (ps all this joking means no harm to you) its just the thought of wearing the k1000 in bed that conjurs up sarcastic commentary
smily_headphones1.gif
i doubt they would be a good bedside can seeing as though they are spendy/rare and i wouldnt trust myself rolling over and smushing them by accidentally falling asleep with them on. i havent had the k1000 on so i cant comment on the clamp force for positions other than vertical but good luck finding the answer.

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 35
Well I am single. Would "Monster Beats Solo" be better? Jk
I know it was a pretty lazy question to ask but wanted to know if they would work like this because there design is much different. I probably should be embarrassed asking but at the moment I am laying down laptop on chest and K702's on and wanted to know under the same circumstances if the K1000 would be falling or out of place.

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #11 of 35
Yes, but you may want to sit a bit upright and not move around much.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by triode12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif

You can't show women the K-1000 up front. But they usually find the geekery "cute" if they're into you.

As for bed... you might be surprised at what you can get away with if you ask with a smile.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #15 of 35
I am using my K1000 while lying in bed sometimes. A small pillow under the head is required and I use to position them so that the headband rests on the upper forehead or a bit above, while the earpads are pushed more to the temples - the front earpad rests on the lower part of the temple, to be more precise. Thus, the headphones are still pretty much in an upright position - not completely vertical, but vertical enough so that they don't fall.

To be honest, I prefer the sound this way too since I get both more details and fuller bass as opposed to the "normal position" presentation due to the drivers being closer to the ear - this in trade for a bit of soundstage, but that is more than enough anyway. The same effect can be obtained to a certain degree by using the phones in a more closed in position, but that results in a tradeoff that is absent when lying in bed as described above: the mid-highs become more "splashy" and dominate the upper highs, I suppose because of the reflections between the driver / baffle and the head. I think that in the "in bed" position the cranium surface corresponding to the headphones is in an angle against the driver / baffle (as opposed to being - almost - parallel when in "normal". completely closed in position), so that there are less multiple reflections. Think two mirrors that are either (almost) parallel (listener upright, phones closed in) or at an angle (listener lying down, phones a bit open and in the position described above).

I usually keep my K1000 open enough so that when I'm in normal, upright position I can put a finger between them and the earlobes, I guess that's ~25 degrees open or so.

I second mmmayer167 though, you should be very careful as to avoid falling asleep with the K1000 on your head, it happened to me several times and it's quite dangerous for these babies. For sleeping with the headphones
tongue_smile.gif
I much prefer the Stax 303, although I have managed to crack one of their plastic forks this way. K501 are tougher, lighter etc. - perfect for sleep except for their lesser sound (as compared to the other two).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back