K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Feb 14, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #3,647 of 3,783
The music business can be a tough business, especially for the more gentle/sensitive types.
Yup, that describes Lia and Chaeryeong. Sucks that they're the 2 ITZY members who gets cyberbullied the most by haters/anti-fans.

Chaeryeong seems have gotten over it and is really confident now.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #3,653 of 3,783

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #3,657 of 3,783
I was watching this movie and was thinking to myself, man that girl looks identical to bibi. Was not aware she was doing movies now.

Great movie, and not just because i love Bibi.

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #3,658 of 3,783
There are many other good artists and groups in this genre that have come and gone over the last several years btw, that you might also enjoy whether you're into Kpop culture or not. These have been a few of my favs since I started listening about 10 or so years ago...

Newer female groups include Itzy, Mamamoo, Red Velvet, Loona, GIDLE, Purple Kiss, Limelight, Billlie, KARD, Bvndit (now disbanded), Viviz (didn't really know them back in the day, but I like their recent work).

I'm also gradually warming up to groups like NewJeans, IVE, Weeekly, and Aespa (though I didn't really understand Aespa's early tunes and vids with the digital characters)... I will admit that I also like some Twice. Especially some recent Twice.

Older female groups include 2NE1, Exid, 4Minute, Fiestar, Stellar, 9Muses, Brown Eyed Girls, Pristin, After School, AOA, F(x), Hello Venus, Kara, Miss A, Secret, Sunny Hill, Girls Generation, Bestie, and ChoColat.

Some female soloists I like include Taeyeon, Sunmi, Somi (aka Jeon Somi), Seulgi (of Red Velvet), HyunA (of 4Minute), Gain (of BEG), Lee Hyo-ri, BoA, Ailee, Lim Kim.

I enjoyed most of Lim Kim's videos. They were a little more offbeat, but interesting. Didn't want to leave her out of the mix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back