K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #2,191 of 3,793
Younha was amazingly successful when she started in Japan. I think she even has a nickname like chart comet or something like that in japan
Interesting! I hope she becomes more popular in Korea soon. I think she is steadily gaining popularity after she appeared in Yoo heeyeol's Sketchbook with her Oort Cloud. But yeah it's great to see fellow head-fiers listening to Younha!

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,192 of 3,793
Interesting! I hope she becomes more popular in Korea soon. I think she is steadily gaining popularity after she appeared in Yoo heeyeol's Sketchbook with her Oort Cloud. But yeah it's great to see fellow head-fiers listening to Younha!
Again, objective information on wiki. lol. I look it up when certain somebody here makes remarks like it's some tabloid. lol Sounding like some Korean Netizen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younha

I also want to add that Black Pink's album has done well contrary to what that somebody here said. lol. That certain somebody with Netizen like speculations.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #2,194 of 3,793
Sep 28, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #2,195 of 3,793
I think the clothes make me cringe the most.

This is the track I remember them mostly from. Their tracks were so much fun. The rapping at the time sound so much like raggae, but the dress style was hip-hop. Beats are definitely Eurodance influenced. I always thought kpop at the time were influenced by American music, but they sound more like European house.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #2,196 of 3,793
Sep 30, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #2,199 of 3,793
This is the track I remember them mostly from. Their tracks were so much fun. The rapping at the time sound so much like raggae, but the dress style was hip-hop. Beats are definitely Eurodance influenced. I always thought kpop at the time were influenced by American music, but they sound more like European house.

Oh damn.....DJ DOC. Spent many a drunk nights at noraebang in the late 90s thinking I could rap this. It was def both American and Euro inspired.....some groups were def more american inspired like Seotaeji (they should hope Cypress Hill never hears their 3rd album) but there was def a side that veered more towards euro house that really took over late gen1/early gen 2 kpop when the focus of all the marketing shifted to the younger generation. A more euro/r&b/hiphop fusion inspired 90s group (but not surprising considering i believe 2 members were korean-americans from LA)

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #2,200 of 3,793
Damn.....now I'm feeling nostalgic for 90s kpop

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #2,201 of 3,793
🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #2,202 of 3,793
well SNSD and SES are with SM and they're very good about maintaining their popular groups (almost too much) and keeping all the groups in the family even when members leave. It's pretty rare to be like mamamoo where a member leaves the company on good terms and they still promote as a group for the smaller and midsize companies. EXID, while they caught fire when the Hani Up Down fancam was released, they just didn't make enough money and their company didn't really support them well. Pretty much everyone focused on individual projects right away. It took SNSD 5 years to get everyone back together and they were all on good terms with SM (minus Jessica). It's just surprising and Im sure it's a 1 song reunion comeback

You are very negative, elee703. :)

My comment was mostly facetious though. And many smaller companies (and I think perhaps even one or two of the bigger ones) probably treated their groups abominably back when EXID first appeared (and some probably still do). They were always one of the better female groups imho though. So I'll be glad to see whatever new stuff they decide to drop on us.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back