K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Sep 28, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #2,178 of 3,793
Wild that EXID is having a comeback. Solji is still the best competition variety show contestant
If SNSD, SES, and VIVIZ can, then why not EXID? :beerchug:

Can't remember his/her name off the top of my head, but there's a Korean chat-show host that likes to reunite older Kpop groups on his/her show. I'm sure someone here will know who I mean.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,179 of 3,793

Call me a little silly btw, but this group (Itzy) has just continued to grow on me since Silver introduced them in the old Asian music topic, back in the day. Who woulda thunk?

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #2,180 of 3,793
On the bright side.

This group needs more likes.

We have to encourage the newbies. Especially when they're this ✨💫🌈🕺 sparkly 🧜‍♀️ :rocket::unicorn::sparkles:.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #2,182 of 3,793

Can't remember his/her name off the top of my head, but there's a Korean chat-show host that likes to reunite older Kpop groups on his show. I'm sure someone here will know who I mean.
MC Yoo?

Below SES performance is for @dougms3 enjoyment!

Also Sugarman brings older generation performers back

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2,184 of 3,793
Younha is a well known to be talent singer.

I thought she was initially marketed for Japan, perhaps it didn't work out at the time?

This might be her most famous song? The mastering is terrible though. It's very compressed with no dynamics. I think korean lyrics reflect the directness of the culture. There's no abstractness or anything, but just direct thoughts. You know what they mean.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #2,185 of 3,793

I thought she was initially marketed for Japan, perhaps it didn't work out at the time?

This might be her most famous song? The mastering is terrible though. It's very compressed with no dynamics.

Yeah I think she is more marketed for Japan like you said. But I think she gained more popularity in Korea from Oort Cloud. She also appeared in Yoo Heeyeol's Sketchbook with Oort Cloud and it became famous quickly.

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #2,187 of 3,793
She auditioned in Japan? Her first Japanese album didn't sell well?

^Personally didn't pay much attention to GIDLE until Tomboy, which is great performance. I luv the choreography, and also their MV. That MV was so well executed, I'm quite shocked!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #2,188 of 3,793
She auditioned in Japan? Her first Japanese album didn't sell well?

^Personally didn't pay much attention to GIDLE until Tomboy, which is great performance.

I actually don't know much about Younha. I only learned about her recently due to Oort cloud.
But ye I believe her End Theory Album is selling well.

G-IDLE has many great songs in my opinion. I love their Latata, Baddest, Pop stars, Haan, Hwaa, and Senorita.

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #2,189 of 3,793

Can't remember his/her name off the top of my head, but there's a Korean chat-show host that likes to reunite older Kpop groups on his show. I'm sure someone here will know who I mean.

well SNSD and SES are with SM and they're very good about maintaining their popular groups (almost too much) and keeping all the groups in the family even when members leave. It's pretty rare to be like mamamoo where a member leaves the company on good terms and they still promote as a group for the smaller and midsize companies. EXID, while they caught fire when the Hani Up Down fancam was released, they just didn't make enough money and their company didn't really support them well. Pretty much everyone focused on individual projects right away. It took SNSD 5 years to get everyone back together and they were all on good terms with SM (minus Jessica). It's just surprising and Im sure it's a 1 song reunion comeback

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #2,190 of 3,793

This might be her most famous song? The mastering is terrible though. It's very compressed with no dynamics. I think korean lyrics reflect the directness of the culture. There's no abstractness or anything, but just direct thoughts. You know what they mean.

Younha was amazingly successful when she started in Japan. I think she even has a nickname like chart comet or something like that in japan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back