K.I.C.A.S Caliente, packaging and weight
May 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nadavnaz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to order k702 headphones, and the KICAS caliente headamp (with 220v psu, yes they now ship it with 220v psu's too!)... I'll be using the emu0404usb as a dac (I already have the emu)

I'm going to have them both shipped to my uncle in NewYork and he's going to carry them with his suitcase here to Israel...

So, how big and heavy is the Caliente? And how big is the box? P: Is it carriable at all?

To add to the already annyoing question, any reccomendation on a simple, short - 1/4"->RCA (dual) cable?

May 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 6
While I could disconnect mine and take it downstairs and weigh it - I don't remember the shipping box. Wouldn't it be more direct to simply PM Oriel and ask him directly? He's very good at answering PM's promptly.

May 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 6
So what is the size and wieght? this is something I dont remember reading on any of the reviews.

May 4, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 6
If you're simply asking about pairs of RCA interconnects - I've used Zu Gede, Corda from Jan Meier, and also DiMarzio. Right now sourcing from iMod/Kicas Caliente, so using Zu Pivot (eBay) for that use. Waiting to receive Pico dac - so that could add and interesting wrinkle to the mix.

May 4, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 6
No, I don't have RCA outputs on my emu0404usb. I only have 1/4" outputs..

I need a 1/4->rca cable. I guess I'll just go to some electronics store and get what seems reasonably built. \:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back