JVC Victor media players
Aug 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

JasonA

New Head-Fier
Hi
Has anyone had any experience with any of the JVC players and if so how would you rate their sound quality.
I have seen snipets in these forums with some people rating their sound quality as good or better than the Kenwood players
I would be interested with thoughts on the XA-C210 or others in that range.

I have seen that the new V series eg XA-V80 is now available and they look like they could be a great player. They are available from Japan World Store off Ebay.
Has anyone seen reviews of these players and does anyone know if the menus have an English option. I have emailed the seller but haven't had a reply yet.

Aug 16, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 19
I have no knowledge of the JVC players SQ personally but I will say the 8gb XA-V80's look excellent. Considering there track record here on Head-Fi I'd jump on it ASAP. Some very hi opinions here about them.

PS:20mw per channel - not bad at all!!! Better than the 5mw per channel of the Sony players.

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi
Has anyone seen reviews of these players and does anyone know if the menus have an English option. I have emailed the seller but haven't had a reply yet.

I was going to do the same thing. Please keep us posted if you receive a reply from the seller!

Some pictures of the user interface (eg. the utilization of album art) would be nice, too. And above all, of course, any SQ comparison with Sony/Cowon/etc players would be appreciated if anyone has had the chance to listen to these.

Aug 17, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 19
I received a reply from the seller that the menus are Japanese only.
However I have seen pictures of the main screen with the main screen showing options in english eg music, video, sound. However most pictures have shown the main screen using Japanese characters.
I will wait to see more information on these players and hopefully some reviews will start coming through.

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #7 of 19
Some older Alneos were available in the UK/USA-but now it seems newer Alneo players are only sold in Japan.

If there's a option for English-language menus, then these may be worth importing.

Aug 17, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 19
it has english

Aug 17, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it has english

The new XA-V -models, too? These DAPs look promising but I'm not willing to learn Japanese to be able to use them that's for sure
regular_smile .gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #11 of 19
I still dont know if the host for usb needs to be able to read the drm..

if not happy days

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 19
wasnt aware the XA-V80 were the new ones, do they stream via usb also?

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wasnt aware the XA-V80 were the new ones, do they stream via usb also?

So then your not REALLY sure if the menu's are in English? The JVC XA C210 is available @AudioCubes in NYC. They audition players when you come in to the store. If the NEW JVC players start to be sold there I'll head to the city and see if they DO include English in the menu for you.
Besides, I was interested in the Kenwood players and they have them in stock. But I've heard there are no cases for them so,.............

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So then your not REALLY sure if the menu's are in English? The JVC XA C210 is available @AudioCubes in NYC. They audition players when you come in to the store. If the NEW JVC players start to be sold there I'll head to the city and see if they DO include English in the menu for you.
Besides, I was interested in the Kenwood players and they have them in stock. But I've heard there are no cases for them so,.............

I am pretty sure the player has Eng menu. I asked a taiwan user who purchased this player recently from Japan. He showed me some pics to prove it.

mobile01-5f1d509e511cd1f8ab58494f20556213.jpg

Thanks for this useful info. I ordered an 8gb red Alneo on eBay alredy. Just got a msg from the seller that the player is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back