JVC Victor FX500
Aug 21, 2008 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
All i have to say is wow! These things are quite insane for bass impact! I was looking around for awhile for some earphones that have good bass quality and impact and i think i found the right ones
smily_headphones1.gif
I honestly dont know how these compare to the Atrio M5/8 but by reading alot of peoples reviews etc. I'd say they would be on par or better. Right now im listening to some Electro on my IAudio U5 and there is no hiss as such, the bass is very clean in most area's but can be a little overwhelming in others. Im not much of a review sort of person. If i get enough interest i may give it a try though
smily_headphones1.gif
I recommend these to anyone who listen's to any sort of dance and rock also. Im glad i bought them after such a long time searching!

great price at "seyo shop" japan if you search on google!

Ugh... posted this in the wrong forum.. Sorry!

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 10
I like JVC headphones too-the build quality is superb, and SQ is great all-around.

Aug 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 10
Oh wow, this makes the wait even harder... I'm a basshead so this sounds perfect.

I used japan-internet-shop on ebay.

Aug 27, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 10
how are yhey at isolation and passive noise reduction?

what of the mids and the highs

amped?

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how are yhey at isolation and passive noise reduction?

what of the mids and the highs

amped?

Good isolation, but not as good as the UE Super.fi series. Little sound leakage.

Mids and highs are really great. Great extension on the highs, siblance is relatively low. Mids have good presence and detail.

I use mine unamped.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 10
(Originally posted in the Denon C710 vs JVC FX500 thread.)

I already own the FX500. Everyday I shake my head in amazement at how good the thing is. I'd really like to know how you guys find this stuff. Seriously. Do you have "amazing iem" sensors or something? I dont get it.
But here's the deal, like I stated, I've been lovin the FX500 for a little while and recently purchased the RSA Shadow. WOW !!! I use it with my Gen 5.5 iPod 80 GB and Ray Samuel's new LOD or the "Reverie" LOD from Pro Cable. No other iem that I own even comes close to the resolution and top to bottom coherency.
My "test" involved the song "Great Gig in the Sky" (Pink Floyd) and the aforementioned equipment. No other iem has come close to playing the beautiful bassline that carries (underpins) that song. That particular bassline lasts pretty much the entire song. The FX500 is the ONLY iem that presents that bassline as seperate, tuneful and emotion invoking. It is the only iem that presents that bassline as "completely there" without missing bits and parts.
I repeatedly read this iem referred to as a "basshead" iem. I don't know about you but I thought that was a negative conotation. When did "actual full range" change its name to basshead? Am I a basshead? I guess I am !!! Everyone, everywhere should not only strive for but they must insist on being a basshead. Why? Because if you don't you are ripping yourself off plain and simple. The only other iem I own I think that has been referred to as a basshead iem is the Atrio M5. Puh leez...... frequencies dropping out or completely MIA. No wonder basshead has a negative ring to it.
I hate to sound old but I'm getting there. When I was younger, ANY FULL RANGE home setup could play that song in ALL its heartfelt glory (not just hint at it). I remember the "emotion" tied to that music. THAT is whats missing in todays iems but thats an entirely different subject.
The combination of the RSA Shadow, Gen5.5 and the (can I find the words?)
oh so perfect FX500 literally brought me to tears once. THAT has never ever happened with today's portable gear. Don't get me wrong. I've experienced plenty of Wow moments but the "emotion" (it seemed) had long since left. I knew we were coming close to a breakthrough when I tried the twenty something dollar PL30. Again, thats another story.
Which brings me back to why I had not noticed this earlier. I think it was Duncan who pointed out it's "a source thing." I did not feel this strongly about the FX500 until I tried it with the RSA Shadow so that must indicate a strong synergy "thing". (I loved them but I wasn't "in love" with them..lol)
Also, I want to cringe when people write about the FX500 as harsh or sibilant. It is NOT. If you experience harshness it is a faulty iem (replace it) or your source (replace it)
I want to finish with and I hate you all equally for this, that I had to go ahead and order the C710 today. Why? Because reading this thread was just killing me. Better than the FX500? No Way !!! Should I? Yes, you won't rest until you know. Until those arrive, (maybe Friday) the combination I mentioned earlier and the FX500's is the closest stab at matching the sound of full size headphones I have ever heard in an iem. PS: check what I presently own for gear to get an idea what I've been searching for. So there you have it.
PSS: I DID NOT have the same experience with the Amp3 Pro2, Sansa Fuze, P-51 Mustang or anything really but again, that's another story. A simply "to die for" combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back