jvc su-dh1 + dac/amp ?
Dec 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nozr

New Head-Fier
first post. bear with me, thanks
icon10.gif

is it possible to use both at the same time? i would like to use the su-dh1 as a dolby processor only, and not as the dac/amp for my headphones. hopefully this makes sense.

the dac/amp would be a musiland svdac06
mac source

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 7
I had SU-DH1 for short time, what I did was from my PS3 optical out to SU-DH1>FiiO E5>headphone. It worked perfectly. However I was quite disppointed with the Dolby processing and sold it.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by roni44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had SU-DH1 for short time, what I did was from my PS3 optical out to SU-DH1>FiiO E5>headphone. It worked perfectly. However I was quite disppointed with the Dolby processing and sold it.

Which part of the Dolby processing?

Seems kind if silly that it "worked perfectly" only to be sold
confused_face_2.gif

You "can" use it as a processor, but it's probably not the best idea. You would be using your DAC to go to analog, only to feed that into a rather noisy input stage to covert to digital only to output back to analog again with the processing added.

Seems like a poor tradeoff to me. I'd just go straight digital into it or just use the DAC.

Dec 2, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

I get excited when some of my media surprises me with a little red light next to either dd/dts. I don't think I could ever go back.

Hmmm I guess the su-dh1 for vids only then.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which part of the Dolby processing?

Seems kind if silly that it "worked perfectly" only to be sold
confused_face_2.gif

You "can" use it as a processor, but it's probably not the best idea. You would be using your DAC to go to analog, only to feed that into a rather noisy input stage to covert to digital only to output back to analog again with the processing added.

Seems like a poor tradeoff to me. I'd just go straight digital into it or just use the DAC.

Sorry what I mean was while my PS3 optical to JVC SUD to FiiO E5 and then to my headphone worked perfect, however no matter what program I threw in, just no comparson to true 5.1 setup, it did better than regular 2 ch stereo mix, but the differences to me was not enough to justify the setup. I found myself use first few weeks and then just sitting on my desk. So I sold it soon after.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

so did the unit sound like crap or did you not like the dolby headphone in general,,, i have the 800c pioneer system and the dolby headphone sounds grea

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 7
Yeah, I just wasn't too impress with Dolby headphone performance after all the trouble. Don't give me wrong, the difference is there, but too me I'm fine with conventional stereo mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back