JVC SU-DH1 adapter question
Feb 9, 2010 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

socalguy124

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased the JVC SU-DH1 online yesterday and decided to pair it up with the DT990. I'm going to be using this for gaming and movies on my ps3 and xbox360. Is there any other piece that I would need for either system for it to work? I would hate for my packages to get here only to discover that I need to buy another piece of equipment.

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 11
Those are the 250 ohm version, I suggest you get an amp to go with it or it won't sound very good (or maybe not as good). I haven't heard the 250 pro version w/o an amp so I can't comment on that.

The SUDH1 is not an amp, so you're probably going to need one to enjoy their true sound. A portable amp would do fine if it's for personal use.

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 11
I am using the su-dh1 out to a dedicated headphone amp (Schiit Lyr). There is no line out, only headphone out. I have a 3.5mm to stereo rca cable running it to the Lyr. The su-dh1 is someway is working as a preamp I suppose. I don't know what level to keep the volume at. Does the JVC/Victor clip at high levels, or should I keep it cranked. I wish it had a line out, or someone could mod it to have one so I wouldn't have to bother with the double amping issue.

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 11
OK, I found all of my own answer. If anyone else want to know. keep the volume as low as possible on the su-dh1. I am still going to see if it can be modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back