JVC In Ear vs. Koss KSC 75's? Battle of the ~$10 phones
Feb 5, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that an ep-630/cx300 is also noticeably weaker than the KSC-75 in SQ. No question, really: the detail resolution is two removes better. Cheap canalphones aren't entry-level hifi, they're acceptable midfi that fill an important gap for cheap portability.

^^

Agreed, there is even less detail in the marshmallows compared to EP-630s. However the marshmallows are superior to the EP-630s in SQ in terms of balance and smoothness. I didn't find an acceptable in ear phone until the ER6, the E2c's sound didn't work for me. Portability's price is SQ. The KSC75s are really something.

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #17 of 21
KSC 75's sound better than many much more expensive phones with but with somewhat boomy bass that can be overpowering.

The JVC marshmellows are very good IEM's for the money and are less efficient than the 75's.

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lech /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consider them both bought
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you guys tried an amp with the JVC?

Wise decision. I'm sure you'll be happy...at least temporarily.
tongue.gif

I've never used a portable amp with my phones. I like the portability of my Nano/phones on their own. I'm not using it for critical listening--I use it to add music when I'm on the go. The system sounds pretty good on it's own and I don't want to mess around with the bulk and hassle of an amp and IC.

When I find the KSC75 of the amp world I'll probably try it out, though. I love those bang-for-the-buck deals!

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 21
Try the Xtra X1. It is warm and smooths out a bit of the treble harshness with the KSC-75.

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 21
I just picked up the Marshmallows. Not bad at all. Again, as othe rpeople have said, they are not the most detailed phone, but they are loud enough and the bass is pretty thumpin'. They'll be great for the gym
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #21 of 21
X1 is on the short list, as is the C & C and the Go-Vibe 5 and 6. PA2V2 looks pretty good but doesn't quite get the recommendations of the others.

Also need to find a good bang/buck lineout.

I'm researching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back