JVC HA-RX900 vs. SR850 and other budget headphones
Nov 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sim97

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I'm new here, and am trying to decide on a good set of budget headphones. I'd like not to spend much over $50 and had Initially decided on the HA-RX700's but I found the 900's for a little more and figured they would be best. However, after reading a few threads the SR850's seem to be highly recommended and I was wondering how they stand up to the 900's and also if there are any other budget headphones I should consider. I will be doing gaming as well as listening to music and I'm no audiophile (yet) so tiny details don't matter as much.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey everyone. I'm new here, and am trying to decide on a good set of budget headphones. I'd like not to spend much over $50 and had Initially decided on the HA-RX700's but I found the 900's for a little more and figured they would be best. However, after reading a few threads the SR850's seem to be highly recommended and I was wondering how they stand up to the 900's and also if there are any other budget headphones I should consider. I will be doing gaming as well as listening to music and I'm no audiophile (yet) so tiny details don't matter as much.

I vote Samson SR850, maybe down the line you can get improved (Velour or Velvet) ear pads for them.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 4
I've decided to go with the Sr850's after looking at some more threads and reviews. I've also found out that they are almost the exact same as the Superlux HD668b but I was wondering were there any real differences that would make me consider one over the other?

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I've decided to go with the Sr850's after looking at some more threads and reviews. I've also found out that they are almost the exact same as the Superlux HD668b but I was wondering were there any real differences that would make me consider one over the other?

Soundwise i found them to be very similar. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back