JVC HA-RX900 or JVC HA-RX700 Help please!
Mar 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #31 of 43
Since it is much easier to buy and return stuff at my local radioshack, I'll get the Auvio ones you mention and test them out before placing an order for the JVC...in fact I think I shouldn't get them anymore since all of you have pretty unanimously stated that they aren't good my my preferred range of music.

I learned the joys of burn in and stuff so I'll get on it once I have a pair. This should be fun!

Olimoronio, I saw you had a thread about the m-750s are they comfortable to wear or do they clamp your head like they did for the other person who posted on the thread?
Thanks for all your help btw, I appreciate it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #32 of 43
Sorry, dude but that was an internet friend of mine, not me. I've never tried those particular JVC's but a well respected poster on here (ljokerl) has stated that the RX line is superior to them. I could ask my friend if you're really interested though.

I am currently listening to two pairs of clearly good phones that cost next to nothing. Both of these phones have tighter, more agile bass than the RX700's. If you wait a day or two for me to hear them fully burnt in I think either one might fit your needs and you could actually listen to other genres if you wanted to. lol

BTW, some of my favorite phones are my JVC HA-D700 & HA-D990. These both destroy the RX700's in almost every regard but I still wouldn't recommend them to somebody who listens to mostly rock.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #33 of 43
Nah its not necessary to bug your friend about the m-750s.

I am pretty patient so take your time and let me know how it works out with your test phones

By the way the Ha-d990 and d700 seem really old Like early 90s old. Is there any easy place to acquire them? I have come to realize that I really don't understand this stuff too much so I should try a couple better understand what I need to make an informed decision. Then I can settle for one that is the product of that informed decision...hopefully
normal_smile .gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #34 of 43
lol Yeah I got my HA-D700's from a thrift store for 5 bucks or something and my HA-D990's for $0.99 from eBay. People just don't know what they're missing and this FOTM deal is a very powerful force.

e3211dec.gif
Could you post some of your favorite groups so I can listen to them on these new phones I have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way the Ha-d990 and d700 seem really old Like early 90s old. Is there any easy place to acquire them? I have come to realize that I really don't understand this stuff too much so I should try a couple better understand what I need to make an informed decision. Then I can settle for one that is the product of that informed decision...hopefully
normal_smile .gif

Ahahahahaha! You're hooked already! Awesome!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #35 of 43
Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, Motley Crue, Led Zepplin, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Sound Garden, Audioslave, Old school Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, A little bit of slayer, Black Sabbath, Pantera, and KISS...and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head...I posted so many to make it easier for you to find their stuff.

Very rarely I listen to some Beethoven's symphonies, very very rarely, so these aren't exactly major factor to consider in headphone choice!

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #37 of 43
While these other phones are great little all-a-rounders, I'm gonna have to say that, for rock only, go for the Auvio's. They just sound so good and powerful for any kind of rock music. I just hope you find them comfortable because I think you'll really like their sound for rock.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #38 of 43
e3211dec.gif
If you do get them buy a pack of the RadioShack Replacement Headphone Pads . When you get home with them peel off the horrible, sound-robbing material that covers the drivers. Stick these little cloth pads together so you can replace them just in case you decide to return the phones. Cut the new foam pads around so that they are just thin foam discs and place them in the middle of the lens and hold down with your thumb. Then just stuff the edges of the foam under the pleather Auvio pads.

Done.

You just modded your first pair of phones.

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #39 of 43
So ron, did you pick anything up? I'm curious to know what you think regardless of what you get/got.

By the way, you said that you might want to pick up an extra pair or two just for the experience, right? Well, those other phones I was talking about are the Coby CV-185 portables ($10) and the full-sized circumaural Coby CV720's ($15).

Both are amazingly good for the price. Both put some much vaunted/hyped phones around here to shame but I'm not going to go into that until I have more time to defend myself from the brand loyalists and snobs.

EDIT: Just sitting here listening to Corrosion of Conformity on the Coby CV720's and they sound quite good.
L3000.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #42 of 43
I can not believe that you still argue whether or not the JVC HARX700's are closed or vented, it says right on the specs that it is vented open back type, plus you can hear for yourself the sound coming out of the back of the headphones.

How one person who actually owns these headphones can be so stubborn and ignorant of this baffles me, like politics people still do not get the real truth or facts correct and or nor do they even come close to reality on any subject.

Both the JVC HARX700 and 900 model headphones are vented open back headphones period. Still stubborn and ignorant of this ??? Please go to JVC's website and or just listen to the backside of both of these headphone models. It is so obvious it hurts my intelligence and others on this thread.

I used to buy very expensive Sony headphones, and some from Radio Shack etc, but none of them at any price sound as good as these JVC HARX700 headphones.

Just remember to remove the felt pad on the front of the JVC HARX700 headphones and fully break them in by playing over 100 hours of music on them fairly loud. You will not find a better sounding headphone anywhere under $500 .....enough said.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #43 of 43
And there are some vent holes on the driver side as well (I've never seen anyone mention these ...)!!!

3 holes (approx. 4mm wide) covered from the inside with felt - on the plastic ring part around the driver.

Some surely have closed them (without knowing they're there) with their dampening efforts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back