JVC HA-RX700 vented/semi-open or closed?
Apr 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 20
Graphicism is a funny man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Who on earth wraps pink ribbons around a $40 headphone to prove it's holes are vented (or the other way around, or something like that) because someone told him they are not. "I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE BUBBLE DARE YOU!" You guys and your crazy principles. I love you all.

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No you aren't an idiot, you're just looney... I feel if we were having this discussion in a public place your doctor would walk over, apologize, and pull you away, all the while you're shouting "There semi-open, semi-open!!!" Look whether you like it or not these are closed headphones, why on earth would JVC build a headphone with vents (RX900) and hide the vents for the RX700? If you can slide some ribbon around thats wonderful, if you wear them like that it's even better!

No, actually whether you like it or not they are in fact open. Look the word up in the dictionary. I'd tell you once again to take yours apart and look for yourself but you probably covered them with damping material because you didn't notice the VENTS. lol

This is clearly a case of someone proclaiming themselves to be an expert on something and not knowing what the heck they are talking about. Seen it before and I'll undoubtedly see it again... Oh well.

BTW Look at the poll results - you're pretty badly outnumbered... Probably by folks who have taken them apart, paid attention and know what they are talking about.

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Graphicism is a funny man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Who on earth wraps pink ribbons around a $40 headphone to prove it's holes are vented (or the other way around, or something like that) because someone told him they are not. "I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE BUBBLE DARE YOU!" You guys and your crazy principles. I love you all.

He's funny alright. The pink ribbon was just for effect/thought it was funny.

Hey maybe I will wear them around like that - it'll better reflect their sound quality.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #20 of 20
And there are some vent holes on the driver side as well (I've never seen anyone mention these ...)!!!

3 holes (approx. 4mm wide) covered from the inside with felt - on the plastic ring part around the driver.

Some surely have closed them (without knowing they're there) with their dampening efforts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back