JVC HA-RX700 or Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Aug 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fatbottoms

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to decide between these two headphones, JVC HA-RX700 or Panasonic RP-HTF600-S which are similiarly priced.

My headphone experience has been limited to mostly cheap in ear or low end headphones.

The only decent headphones that I've had are the Koss Porta Pros, Monoprice 108323, and the TDK WR700-wireless.

I really liked the Koss PortaPros for their clean clear sound, but lacking in bass and painful on the ears for long wear.

The Monoprice was  way too muddy with too much booming bass.

The TDK WR700 - wireless had a a balanced soundstage with good tight bass, but ended up returning them because the signal would drop off way too often for me...I also play guitar, and the lag was noticeable.

I've read through quite a bit of this forum on the two headphones and the results seem to be mixed for the most part.

Some people prefer the Panasonics while others prefer the JVC's, and seem to contradict each other.

I've heard people say that both these headphones sound very similar while others say the Panasonic's are too muddy and unclear while the JVC's have a more balanced soundstage without the booming bass.

I listen to mostly rock, blues and soul and although I like my bass (tight and deep), I would prefer a more balanced sound without the booming bass like the Monoprice...having said that, I never broke-in the Monoprice when I had them and only listened to them for just a couple of hours before giving them away.

Please, anyone who's had both these headphones and can conclusively give their opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back