JVC HA-RX 900 vs. Superlux HD668B (Samson SR850) for gaming with Dolby Headphone?
May 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HiFiGamer1995

Head-Fier
Which one of these headphones has the best soundstage, comfort, clarity, and balance for gaming with Dolby Headphone and creating an immersive surround sound effect without being overly bright or harsh?

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Can't comment on the 668b but I do have something extremely similar...the 681 evo.

The soundstage for that is quite nice. Destroys my m50(although that alone isn't too impressive for semi-open). But ya it is very wide soundstage. Depth could potentially be better. Imaging is ok. it does its job. You hear the general location of noises. Is it the most precise thing in the universe? Probably not.
Is it enough to destroy noobs with their garbage "7.1 surround sound gamerrzz stuff"?
You bet.

The ha rx 900 should also be good but probably not as accurate. It has more bass and no one really raves about them for gaming.
EDIT-might be important to note I don't actually have Dolby Headphone. I'm powering these with a cheap fiiO e7. The soundstage could improve tremendously with a proper soundcard/DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back