JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series
Nov 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #46 of 103
Picked up some 77's on sale this last week. Still breaking them in (or they are still breaking me in). Could use some more padding on the head side of the headband. They like electronic music. They are feeling like a guilty pleasures headphone.

I know....What right?

The padding is on the top of the band
confused.gif

Not on the inside where your head is.....I dunno? Mystery...

Try rotating the pads as they will spin easy and find the best bass transfer position. It squeezes out a couple more dB of bass for your skull if the pads are just right on your head.

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #47 of 103
I am waiting out the ZO  battery issues, not gonna make a move till it is resolved.
What is the Cowon gadget you use?

And dont worry about seperating people for money, the 77x is a steal at this price.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #49 of 103
Hey guys, I've been following this post for quite a while and I was wondering if there is anyway that I could get even more performance out of these bass cans? I am currently using a Fiio E17 amp for my JVC 77X.

The reason i bought the JVC HA-MR77X was down to this website and this current thread. I seen you guys commenting about how much better they were once you amp'd them and I have to say I am mind blown by how much bass these output once they have been amp'd.

I have previously owned the Sony MDR XB700 and Sony MDR XB-800(new models) but they are not as bassy as the JVC's.

With the amp I always keep it at volume level of 30/60, Gain on 12+ DB and Bass on +10. everything else is default.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks 
basshead.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #50 of 103
  Hey guys, I've been following this post for quite a while and I was wondering if there is anyway that I could get even more performance out of these bass cans? I am currently using a Fiio E17 amp for my JVC 77X.

The reason i bought the JVC HA-MR77X was down to this website and this current thread. I seen you guys commenting about how much better they were once you amp'd them and I have to say I am mind blown by how much bass these output once they have been amp'd.

I have previously owned the Sony MDR XB700 and Sony MDR XB-800(new models) but they are not as bassy as the JVC's.

With the amp I always keep it at volume level of 30/60, Gain on 12+ DB and Bass on +10. everything else is default.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks 
basshead.gif

All plastic units suffer from a toning out at high gain but an aluminum backing fixes that a bit. Mine slam noticeably harder and I thought my gain was up higher than normal....no...it just got louder

You can see a bit of aluminum coming out from the cup baffle joint in this vid

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #51 of 103

All plastic units suffer from a toning out at high gain but an aluminum backing fixes that a bit. Mine slam noticeably harder and I thought my gain was up higher than normal....no...it just got louder

You can see a bit of aluminum coming out from the cup baffle joint in this vid

I did how you instructed but I don't really feel much of a difference.. still using the same settings as before +12 db Gain and +10 Bass on the FiiO E17.. when i added the aluminium, I put almost 2 layers and folded the edges so that they were neat. Should I have put only one layer? (im using Kitchen foil btw lol) it isn't exactly heavy duty.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #52 of 103
  I did how you instructed but I don't really feel much of a difference.. still using the same settings as before +12 db Gain and +10 Bass on the FiiO E17.. when i added the aluminium, I put almost 2 layers and folded the edges so that they were neat. Should I have put only one layer? (im using Kitchen foil btw lol) it isn't exactly heavy duty.

Kitchen foil is not dense enough. The flashing tape in the picture is about 4-8 times thicker. It's pretty thick
You better take the foil out as it will vibrate and cause you to get sick from ****ed up sounds coming from your cans
biggrin.gif

It's the identical thickness to this one time Turkey pan. 0.05mm

Aluminum-Foil-Turkey-Pan-1.jpg

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #53 of 103
Now the HA-MR77X is available on amazon.co.uk for £35... and I just bought it a month ago for £50 :mad:

Just ordered a second one, cuz...I dunno...:xf_eek:

Also, use code PRICELES5 (the last letter is the number 5) to get £5 off £40 on products sold by amazon.co.uk (usual giftcard exclusions apply), excluding marketplace. Code is only valid when used with a mastercard.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #57 of 103
Anyone notice that some a dash in the product number and others don't? Which is the one to get? show http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-ha-mr77x-xtreme-xplosives-headphones/reviews/10437#comments-title

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #60 of 103
The whole dash vs no dash thing seems to be a fabricated tale - not sure where it started but I searched into it and found no answer. So...I asked JVC directly and according to them, there is only and was only ever one model for the HA-MR77X. For some reason, some places list it as discontinued but it is not. Not only that but it is said that the dash version is the 2013 model. According to JVC, this model was only first released in 2013 - there is no 'older' model.

I bought a pair listed in ebay without the dash, and sure enough the pair I got has the dash on the box.

Unless someone can tell me I'm wrong and why, I think this is just a misconception that got blown up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back