JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Feb 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #2,431 of 3,271
Quote:
Tenso and Amazon Japan is not good for anyone that wants a deal. You end up getting more than you thought you would. So you end up buying multiple things. Not good..I am taking advantage of buying this way. A better deal is a better deal. I think they hiked the shipping charge a bit on Tenso. but it still is the best price..

I hear you!!! And in order to save on Tenso charges you get yourself multiple things from Amazon Japan, because Tenso charges per item are less the more you have to send.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2,432 of 3,271
Quote:

I hear you!!! And in order to save on Tenso charges you get yourself multiple things from Amazon Japan, because Tenso charges per item are less the more you have to send.

sometimes Tenso has those free shipping or half off shipping that you can take advantage of. you only pay handling charges and consolidation charges. works out pretty well. i bought the FXZ200 and the HS-S500 when they had that promo last Christmas. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2,434 of 3,271
I've been using my new FXZ-100 since Monday at work every day and I'm very impress on how acoustic music is reproduced and it's pretty good with Drum&Bass and Ambient style but for Jazz/Vocal I'm finding the vocal to be not the best. Maybe a bit recess and "echoe".

The are still fairly new with only 8 hours of official break-in and about 8 hours of playback. I'm using them out of my computer Foobar 2000 - DACport.

edit:  I like to add that the presentation (soundstage & imaging) is very impressive with a 3D kind of sound effect.
To be continue...   
etysmile.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,439 of 3,271
Earlier today I was listening this album, Station from Russian Circles.

The bass is just out of this world with the JVC. I really don't know how you would need moar BASS like the FXZ-200 suppose to have. The FXZ-100 got similar sound signature of the Denon D7000. Men vocal (was listening Jason Mraz) seems to be better than female one. But still very acceptable.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #2,440 of 3,271
Earlier today I was listening this album, Station from Russian Circles.

The bass is just out of this world with the JVC. I really don't know how you would need moar BASS like the FXZ-200 suppose to have. The FXZ-100 got similar sound signature of the Denon D7000. Men vocal (was listening Jason Mraz) seems to be better than female one. But still very acceptable.

Thats a pretty tall claim. The FXZ200 must sound amazing if the FXZ 100 sound similar to the D7000. I look forward to getting mine next week.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,441 of 3,271
Quote:
Thats a pretty tall claim. The FXZ200 must sound amazing if the FXZ 100 sound similar to the D7000. I look forward to getting mine next week.

To be fair I just got the D7000 a couple weeks ago so I'm still getting to know them but both impress with their quality of bass.

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2,442 of 3,271
I received my 200s today and I am still shocked with amazement as I wasn't expecting them till next week. I ordered these on Monday from Amazon JP, and received them on Saturday in Houston, USA. Amazing service by Amazon JP/Tenso. 

I have only listened to them for couple of hours and so far my opinion about them are mixed (listening mp3s from my HTC One X+). I love the clarity of highs and mids but bass seem lacking (when compared to my JVC HAFX1X) . Also, in the few songs that I listened so far, they sound something completely new. I'm hearing new layering of instruments that I've never heard before. So I will save my final verdict about them after I let them burn in for few hours. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,443 of 3,271
Quote:
I received my 200s today and I am still shocked with amazement as I wasn't expecting them till next week. I ordered these on Monday from Amazon JP, and received them on Saturday in Houston, USA. Amazing service by Amazon JP/Tenso. 

I have only listened to them for couple of hours and so far my opinion about them are mixed (listening mp3s from my HTC One X+). I love the clarity of highs and mids but bass seem lacking (when compared to my JVC HAFX1X) . Also, in the few songs that I listened so far, they sound something completely new. I'm hearing new layering of instruments that I've never heard before. So I will save my final verdict about them after I let them burn in for few hours. 

Preferably 5,000 hours.

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2,445 of 3,271
Haha, I'm just jesting. They do sound quite nice after a little burn-in. I'm still on the fence between the FXZ200 and W4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back