JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Sep 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #3,256 of 3,271
Hi,

I have read through most of this thread and have a pretty good idea of how the 100 / 200 compare and contrast but I was hoping to get some more up to date impressions.

Does anyone have both and prefer the 100's?

They are so much cheaper than the 200's in the UK I am trying to convince myself that the 100s are all I need.

That or the XBA 4 / 40s are looking mighty fine to.

Cheers.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,259 of 3,271
Who is bored with their 200s and wants to sell them to me? :)

I have missed mine ever since the wife washed them several years ago now. I have tried a few of the suggestions in the basshead IEM thread and everything I tried sucked...

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #3,260 of 3,271

I have missed mine ever since the wife washed them several years ago now. I have tried a few of the suggestions in the basshead IEM thread and everything I tried sucked...

FXZ200 / 100 is not the earphone you'll look and you would not expect it would have big thundering bass despite of having a separate woofer. The FXZ200 is more like a balanced earphone that leans toward warmish signature and natural tonality with right amount of bass and pleasing treble. The FX750, on the other hand, has more bass than the FXZ200 and the FX750 is not considered as bass-head earphones.

If you look for a bass-head earphone, the Radius NHR-21 is the answer. If you had tried it and thought its bass wasn't enough, I could not think what is.

I tried it and it was definitely one true bass-head earphone I've had; however, my poor ears could not last. This is from the ears of a person who found Sony's XBA-A3 is borderline bass-head.

I had sold mine but you could give it a shot looking for someone in the Radius's NHR-21 thread that sells for one - It's a rare species and only exclusive available in Japan.

Edit: fixed typos.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #3,261 of 3,271
I wonder if Im just getting old and my taste is changing and that is why I loved the 200s so much and disliked the few I tried in the IEM basshead thread...

I am going to keep my eye open for those HP-NHR21s though because you got me curious. thanks for your input.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #3,262 of 3,271

I'd be interested in parting with mine. They're in excellent condition. Only selling because I've been using over the ear headphones and haven't moved back to IEMs in many months.

Send me a PM and we can chat.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #3,264 of 3,271
Ever started noticing things in songs that you didn’t notice before? I’ve had this pair since 2016, and recently I’ve felt like I’m discovering my songs all over again. The details and overall presentation of the sound is remarkable.

Jun 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #3,265 of 3,271
Bass heavy earphones come with a bass cloud that veils the sound. The bass cloud loses density as you use the earphones. After many hundreds of working hours, whatever is left of the bass cloud may still be going away along with the veil and more detail can be heard. If by then you have very little of the bass cloud, your earphones are a basshead's delight. If not, they are just another pair of basshead muddy earphones.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #3,266 of 3,271
Welp the left 'phone is almost gone in mine, i have to really twist the wire to get the sound out. Has anyone attempted to repair these?

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #3,267 of 3,271
Welp the left 'phone is almost gone in mine, i have to really twist the wire to get the sound out. Has anyone attempted to repair these?

I have, when I consulted a nearby repair shop when the jack part on my old pair went out. At that point, the repair quote ($150) was actually higher than a brand new pair of these via BuySmartJapan (14,776¥).

Nowadays I’m more careful not to let the wire get caught on anything; that’s what ruined the old pair.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #3,268 of 3,271
I have, when I consulted a nearby repair shop when the jack part on my old pair went out. At that point, the repair quote ($150) was actually higher than a brand new pair of these via BuySmartJapan (14,776¥).

Nowadays I’m more careful not to let the wire get caught on anything; that’s what ruined the old pair.

I didn't let anything happen to mine either. My older FXT90s still work fine. I always keep these in the case, properly coiled up and all, and I use the shirt clip so there's minimal strain on the strain reliefs. These worked great for 2 years, and then just one day the left one had no sound unless i really twisted the wire. I guess i'll buy another pair. I love these phones so much, I can't imagine living without them.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #3,269 of 3,271
I didn't let anything happen to mine either. My older FXT90s still work fine. I always keep these in the case, properly coiled up and all, and I use the shirt clip so there's minimal strain on the strain reliefs. These worked great for 2 years, and then just one day the left one had no sound unless i really twisted the wire. I guess i'll buy another pair. I love these phones so much, I can't imagine living without them.

That’s true: you can be very careful and something can still go wrong. These are also my favorites to use. It’s kind of a shame that they abandoned the FXZ and SZ lines. I’d like to try the Solidege and WOOD lines at some point when prices come down some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back