JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Jan 25, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #241 of 254
Non-woodie earphone above FXH level and below the FD is now what? Nothing really. Only FD7 but that is a Solidege, not an FX, and that isn't much of an upgrade to the FXH30 anyhow.

I agree it would be great to see an update to the fxt or fxz dual/triple models. Weirdly after FXT90 I preferred FXH30 to the 100 and 200, though didn't hear the LTDs.

IMO FD7 is a decent improvement on the FXH30 (for my tastes at least), just not commensurate with the price increase (although the build quality does seem better) since fxh30 is such a good value.

Will you be trying the FD01? I'm a little torn due to the price & other recent/upcoming like Dunu Falcon.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #242 of 254
Thinking I have a cable I like not sure I need the FD01 over the FD02.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #244 of 254
I agree it would be great to see an update to the fxt or fxz dual/triple models. Weirdly after FXT90 I preferred FXH30 to the 100 and 200, though didn't hear the LTDs.

I have the both fxh30 and fxt200ltd and(like you) i preferred the fxh30 over the 200ltd but after removing the filters the 200ltd is seriously WOW now,

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #245 of 254
I hope everyone is enjoying the FXT100/200/LTD with the front filter removed. I found this idea from Jant71's.

Though I do not recommend everyone who has the FXTs to do this attempt because the removal is irreversible, only those who have been disappointed due to dullness or congestion, or having the FXTs sitting on dust could give this method a try. Do not do it if you are happy the way it is.

Currently I am happy with the FXT100 and FXT200LTD with their front filters off. First noticeable change is it opens up the sound space due to increased clarity in treble section. The filters I removed feel thick and woolly - no wonders they clog the sound path. Furthermore I notice higher imaging and clearer instruments' positioning, like the feel when music walks through your head from left to right. I do not feel them to sound disjointed instead they still remain coherent. The FXZ200 still remains superior to the FXT100/200/LTD in term of soundstage but they lack of power and the "bite" that the FXTs have.

So far I have no complains with the sound but the main gripe I have been facing with the FX100/200LTD is its housing design. Comfort is the first thing I grade while the sound signature is secondary. It is the most important aspect of an earphone as I have small ears. The FXTs appear to be bigger and taller than its predecessor; yet, the nozzle seems longer, allowing deeper insertion. Furthermore they have fin supposedly to increase stability but my ears didn't like that. It makes the FXT100/200LTD harder to insert and more intrusive than it already is unlike the FXT90 which sits shallowly yet smaller in size. I let my coworkers tried both the FXT90 and FXT100/200/LTD and they do agree with my opinion - they even have to hold the latter with their hand because they barely insert while the former "just slips like a glove", one said.

The FXZ200 follows the same FXT90 front-casing and despite its bigger and protruding housing, I have to be honest the FXZ200 is as comfortable as the FXT90.

kkaka.jpg kakaa2.jpg

On top of the design issue, my ear stress is exacerbated by the stiff cable of the FXT200LTD, which is unlike of JVC. I like to have an earphone clipper attached to help stabilize the cable and remove the tugging force down from my ears. The FXT200LTD cable, if attached on the clipper, will form an rotating S-like direction that makes the earphones to coil and not point toward my ears - I have to actively rotate the cable to ensure it rests in my ears. The LTD cable does not drape down like the FXT100 does - let alone be as supple. I should had picked up the FXT200 instead. The word "LTD" or limited seems attracting but unpromising, take a look at Klipsch's S4 reference, its S4 limited version, and look how many rants the customers lashed due to its memory-forming and stiff cable compared to its normal version

Lastly would be there are quality changes with the Spiral dots included with the new FXTs. Back in late 2016 the FXT200 LTD I got was supplied with a soft spiral dots and they were indeed soft - so comfortable yet improves sound quality of most JVCs I have. Afterward I purchased a box of spiral dots overseas and even wrote a review about it. The FXT100, which purchased in the December 2017, was attached with a stiff and somewhat bigger spiral dots than my older one. This new spiral dots, supposedly more durable, is basically unusable - they just feel like putting a fist into my ears. As I have used all the Spiral Dots on my JVCs, I bought another pairs and guess what, they came with the stiff version. I gave them tortures hoping to soften them up through squeezing, put on oil and constantly grinding, even chewing to the point one of them has a slight tear, but they still do not insert. The mouth of the new spiral dots so stiff they do not even conform with my ear canal. So this is the reason why I use Sony Hybrids on the FXT100. Changes the sound somewhat - the bass got more oomph, more so than the FXT200LTD, and the guitar got more bites - similar to the FXT90 grittiness. Excellent for listening slow songs but become strident when listening to busy ones.

In my opinion, so far in term of soundstage: FXZ200 >> FXT200LTD > FXT90 = FXT100

Bass: FXT100 > FXT200LTD > FXZ200 > FXT90

Mid : FXT200LTD > FXT100 > FXZ200 > FXT90

Treble: FXT90 > FXT200LTD > FXT100> FXZ200

Imaging (tough one) : FXT200LTD > FXZ200 > FXT100 = FXT90

The aforementioned comparison is the perceived quantity, not by preference. I cannot judge quality as it is subjective matter. Hope someone can dispute if I am wrong.

That's all and let's hear from anyone! I felt my complain is longer than my praise. This will be one of my topic in my upcoming writing.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #246 of 254
After a few hours comparing my FXT200 LTD without filters with my FX850 and my FiiO EX1 (DUNU Titan 1) here are my impressions:
FXT200: astounding clarity and soundstage (perhaps due to better transmission of high frequencies) as compared to the FX850, similar to the FiiO EX1. Mids are a bit subdued as compared to the FX850, but midbass and sub bass are now almost similar to the FX850 (a basshead earphone in my opinion), better than FiiO EX1. Female and particularly male voices are perceived as distant. A clear U-shaped frequency response fun to listen, but not analytical.
Using spiral dot eartips, but I need to find better tips to enhance mids. I really enjoy the sound signature of my FXT200! Now comparing them with my new Pioneer SE CH9T: similar bass and subbass, but less highs and soundstage than FXT200. Better mids and voices in the Pioneer. The CH9T is also really good for a single dynamic driver earphone, but titanium drivers in the FXT200 add more clarity and better high frequency response.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #247 of 254
Just acquired a pair of the FX200LTDs, as the poorly designed FXZ200s were failing in the left channel despite my best efforts to repair them. I loved the sound that came out of them, it was just so enjoyable no matter what sort of music I was listening to, but the design was so poor, the nozzle insertion depth wasn't at all good; I had to use Complys to compensate, which meant a slight loss in sound stage and treble. These, on the other hand, fit my ear perfectly, and snugly. The nozzles reach all the way in and I can feel the compression in my ears when I push them in. I'm hoping a week of regular listening will loosen up the trebles, tighten the bass, and widen the sound stage. I can already tell the bass is on par with the FXZ200.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #248 of 254
So I've got about a 100 hours of burn in on the FXT200LTDs, but I still wasn't able to reconcile the sound, as it just seemed "off" to me. Then I had the brilliant (not) idea to swap amps, from the Topping NX1A to the SMSL SAP5, and lo and behold, harsh mids went away and I'm finding these as enjoyable as the Topping was with the FXZ200s were. I had kept aside the SAP5 because it didn't sound good with the FXZs, but now I'm glad I bought it.

Jan 6, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #249 of 254
Hi guys, my amazing fxt100 are falling down after 4 years of intensive use :) Im quite happy with them, luv their sound and build quality. But now Im considering buy a new pair and dunno if buy again the same, upgrade to fxt200/208, FD01, or try new things like Tin t2 or some other chifi headphones, but Im not sure regarding sound quality on this Tin t2 (never used that brand), does anyone have Tin hifi to compare it? could you recommend me some other brand which sounds similar that this fxt100?.

Thanks in advance

Jan 6, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #250 of 254
Hi guys, my amazing fxt100 are falling down after 4 years of intensive use :) Im quite happy with them, luv their sound and build quality. But now Im considering buy a new pair and dunno if buy again the same, upgrade to fxt200/208, FD01, or try new things like Tin t2 or some other chifi headphones, but Im not sure regarding sound quality on this Tin t2 (never used that brand), does anyone have Tin hifi to compare it? could you recommend me some other brand which sounds similar that this fxt100?.

Thanks in advance

I have all the FXT series and I like the FXT100 the most because it has the most bass among them yet the best supple and lightweight cable. FXT100 has even more bass quantity than the FXZ200 I reviewed back then.

FXT200LTD does look nice but I don't recommend getting the FXT200 LTD because the cable is kinky, stiff, and somewhat heavier. Yet, I find no difference between the LTD and the FXT200.

Furthermore, the FXT200 is more supple and lighter than the LTD; yet, it has less bass quantity for better detail on the treble. In otherword, The FXT200 sounds more balanced and clearer; yet, it is a better option to the LTD because of lighter and supple cable. I notice all the FXT doesn't have peaky piercing treble on cymbals and hi-hats - which I think around 8k-10khz - but I find all the FXT has thick but relaxed treble, compared to its predecessor FXT90, even the Solid edge FD07 and the FXH30 which indeed does have peaky treble on the mentioned frequency.

Through my collection, Sony XBA-30 might sound similar to the FXT100 but it is less proficient (quieter), weird fitting, has BA drivers instead of dynamics, and rare as crap because it has been discontinued - you might have to get an used one but still way more expensive than the FXT100. The FXT100's mid, to me, is perfect. Though being thick, it is neither too forward or recessed. Westone UM30pro comes into my mind when it comes to thick mid but it is too forward and I really hate that earphone.

I cannot recommend Chi-fi because they come with quirky design because from my experience with the LZ-A4, MiniRose2, and the LZ big dipper. I suggest you keep with the FXT100 and if you could get it for around $70 just might as well get it. I bought a cheap, used $30 from Japanese flea online store Mercari through Buyee.com but I got a defect FXT100 despite being described like new.

Just get it from Ebay or brand new, unopened FXT100 for 100% confidence. And to take home message, if you like your earphone and love the design and sound quality, just stick with it and don't look for different brand unless you want to explore a different sound quality.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #251 of 254
I have all the FXT series and I like the FXT100 the most because it has the most bass among them yet the best supple and lightweight cable. FXT100 has even more bass quantity than the FXZ200 I reviewed back then.

FXT200LTD does look nice but I don't recommend getting the FXT200 LTD because the cable is kinky, stiff, and somewhat heavier. Yet, I find no difference between the LTD and the FXT200.

Furthermore, the FXT200 is more supple and lighter than the LTD; yet, it has less bass quantity for better detail on the treble. In otherword, The FXT200 sounds more balanced and clearer; yet, it is a better option to the LTD because of lighter and supple cable. I notice all the FXT doesn't have peaky piercing treble on cymbals and hi-hats - which I think around 8k-10khz - but I find all the FXT has thick but relaxed treble, compared to its predecessor FXT90, even the Solid edge FD07 and the FXH30 which indeed does have peaky treble on the mentioned frequency.

Through my collection, Sony XBA-30 might sound similar to the FXT100 but it is less proficient (quieter), weird fitting, has BA drivers instead of dynamics, and rare as crap because it has been discontinued - you might have to get an used one but still way more expensive than the FXT100. The FXT100's mid, to me, is perfect. Though being thick, it is neither too forward or recessed. Westone UM30pro comes into my mind when it comes to thick mid but it is too forward and I really hate that earphone.

I cannot recommend Chi-fi because they come with quirky design because from my experience with the LZ-A4, MiniRose2, and the LZ big dipper. I suggest you keep with the FXT100 and if you could get it for around $70 just might as well get it. I bought a cheap, used $30 from Japanese flea online store Mercari through Buyee.com but I got a defect FXT100 despite being described like new.

Just get it from Ebay or brand new, unopened FXT100 for 100% confidence. And to take home message, if you like your earphone and love the design and sound quality, just stick with it and don't look for different brand unless you want to explore a different sound quality.

Thank you so much man so helpful, I'll buy it again, the good thing I'm living in China and I can get new fxt100 for a good price new, around 30 USD

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #252 of 254
Thank you so much man so helpful, I'll buy it again, the good thing I'm living in China and I can get new fxt100 for a good price new, around 30 USD

Damn $30? where do you get it from? I gotta restock FXT100!

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #254 of 254
Got the JVC HA-FXT200 for £20 used on eBay. I love getting oldies at a cheap no-risk price. A strange IEM... and even tho I'd seriously doubt anyone would be looking for a review of a 6-year-old earphone lol, it's got quite a solid, authoritative sound... but just manages to pull out enough musicality (smoothness too) to avoid an overly 'hard' bodied signature. Sub-bass ok, more mid-bass slam. Vocals can be superb with the right song, very realistic. Even hearing some growl on certain Talking Heads songs from David Byrne that I'd never noticed before. Same goes for layered vocal and harmonies. Not the widest of soundstages, but not overly congested. It has me thinking of the BQEYZ Spring 1. I really like it tbh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back