JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Jan 23, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #66 of 254
I would also interested in a direct comparison between FXT90 vs FXT100 + FXT200. I don't recall seeing one here.
I tried FXT90 recently and was amazed by its gorgeous all rounder sound. I wonder if the new FXT hundreads clearly out perform it or not? What are the differences in performance and sound signature ?

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #68 of 254
i had channel imbalance with my old FXT90's... wouldve hoped they fixed it with this series. Obviously not by the sound of things.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #70 of 254
I'm going to give this a shot. I'm a long Time Lurker, first time posting on here.

I have had the JVC HA-FXT200LTD for about a two weeks now, but before I begin, all this is subject to opinion I stake no claims in being an audiophile I just love to listen to music.

The questions I have seen on this forum so far is mainly how do they compare to the HA-FXT90, since I have both I will try and do my best in telling how I think they compare and differ.

For the base comparisons I listened to them with my fiio x1 no eq. The songs I choose were; Sawano Hiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki - A/Z: mp3 320kbs, Lindsy Stirling - Crystallize: mp3 320kbs, Tchaikovsky - 1812 overt: Flac.

To me the HA-FXT200LTD sound much cleaner, there is a distinctive difference in the clarity.

The Highs
The highs of the HA-FXT200LTD are better while not being sibilant or harsh: I don't think that they are overpowering. They are clearer and cleaner while having more detail.

The HA-FXT90 when listening to the same songs sound, like they do fall behind a bit, the vocals seem a bit lackluster.

The details in the HA-FXT200LTD are loads better than the HA-FXT90, in the 1812 I could her some of orchestra breathing, while I could not with the HA-FXT90. It Freaked me out I thought there was someone in my room breathing behind me.

The Mids
The mids are not as recessed as the HA-FXT90. They are definitely more pronounced.
I read a lot people like to say that the HA-FXT90 is V shaped.
The HA-FXT200LTD I feel like it is more U or maybe W, it has better dynamics to me.

The lows
The lows of the HA-FXT200LTD seem to extend a little better, it rolls off better and extends a bit deeper, however; because there is a bit more bass it can sound muffed at times, although it heavily depends on the song and whether you are EQ'ing it. The bass can be bit overpowering on some songs which I think can cause the song to sound muffed by the bass. A fix to that though is to eq it. With more bass though it does effect pop songs, female vocals sound like the treble has been turned down. Its clear just not as clear as it seems like it should be.

The lows of the HA-FXT90 are just not as good as the HA-FXT200LTD but the benefit to that is if you listen to pop or rock it doesn't sound so treble lacking.

Sound stage
The overall sound of the HA-FXT200LTD is much better than that of the HA-FXT90, it feels good to listen to them I truly enjoy the sound signature of them. I do like to listen to my music with a custom eq setting because I do like a bit more treble, probably because I'm losing my hearing.

Now Don't get me wrong the HA-FXT90 are still great sounding IEM's, is it worth the upgrade? I think so. But I Liked the sound of the HA-FXT90, so when I found that there was a newer model I had to get it. I like both IEM's but i would choose the HA-FXT200LTD because they sound better to me.

P.S. I have been told that I also suck at explaining things, so If you have any questions please ask me.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #71 of 254
@alorora
really appreciate the informative comparison. I just want to know one more thing. How do theses sound with some artists such as LiSA, Ayaponzu, Hanatan, mainly japanese female vocals compared to the FXT90? Also, how are the mid-bass quality and quantity compare between the fxt200 or the fxt90?

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #72 of 254
LiSA, Puffy, and Ayaponzu sound a little sibilant with the FXT90, the mid-bass is not as present as it is with the HA-FXT200LTD. The mid-bass with the HA-FXT200LTD is so much more rich in detail than it is with the FXT90. You get the punch from the lows but the mid-bass is really complimentary to the highs. There is so much more quantity than that of the FXT90 and the quality I would have to say is more refined. But here's the "but" again, there is a lot more low bass than the FXT90 so depending on the song it can bleed into some of the mid-bass, you can still hear it, but at times it can make the vocals sound congested. Dubstep songs usually cause this from what I have listened to.

After listening to high pitched vocalists like Ayaponzu there is a big difference in the tone of the highs between the FXT90 and the FXT200LTD it can hurt your ears if you listen at even moderate volumes for too long or at least it does for me.

I tested again with Supercell - Dearest, mp3 320kbs, Kagami Seria, and Lights. I used my pc, mini3 and custom eq this time around. The vocals with the FXT200LTD don't sound harsh or as sibilant as the FXT90. With the FXT90 the low end bass isn't as present so there is more clarity however there is a slight sibilance in the vocals so it can become uncomfortable to listen to the song.

The dynamic sound stage of the FXT200LTD still sounds better to me, the mini3 amp that I have also tends to have a darker sound signature to it, so the lows of most songs is too prominent; it is a bit of a bass heavy amp, that is one of the reasons I run custom eq. With the same settings and testing the FXT90 though, FXT90 sound way too trebled. They both sound good but to me the FXT200LTD sounds more premium, like JVC fixed any problems that there were with the FXT90 and updated the sound.

PS there is a driver flex with the FXT90 but not with the FXT200LTD, but it may just be my IEM's.

I hope that this helps. Keep asking away.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #75 of 254
Thanks for that comparison! I was really considering buying either the 200 or 100 if it sounds like a fxt90 with bit more sub and less mid bass, more vocals and soundstage, greater instrument separation and detail. Maybe i'll consider the fxt100 or 208SE if they sound like anything that i've described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back