JVC HA-FXC51
Oct 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

staxxx

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, I know there was a bit of trolling in a recent (deleted) thread and the original thread for this is dead.

What do you guys honestly think of these?

I consider them a bargain due to the level of detail and soundstage they present to the music for the low price.

I think I'm a JVC fan for life and I want to climb up the ladder.

The major con is the strange FR, it has extra bass, recessed mids and rolled off highs like a slope. The drivers are capable though so using an EQ makes a huge difference. But I sometimes find myself enjoying the music from its strange FR because it's not fatiguing at all.

EDIT: the rolled off highs were due to earwax on the tip of the driver. After cleaning, it sounds bright as seen here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/517021/new-jvc-micro-hd-in-ear-monitors-jvc-hafxc51

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 77
Lol......after reading so much about these on the other thread, just had to pick up a pair. Bought a red pair.
First impression listening to it for 5 hours on a Galaxy S2 using the Cloudskipper app. and on the Motorola Xoom.  Flat eq. and with Flac music files.....have to say, coming from a W4, its surprisingly euphonic and must say its great bang for the buck!
Will muck about with eq. in the next few days....

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 77
Yes I'm liking them, they seem have a similair sound signiture like that of the EX600's, I think of them as the 600's little sister, but without the hidden potential, they sound really good straight out of my iPod 7th gen classics HO

they have some very nice deatil, instrument seperation, with a vey clean sound, seem well balanced, and with decent punchy bass, a nice high end, not overly bright like the 600's, with the mids somewhat recessed, not an exceptionally large sound satge, but because of them having nice deatail and instrument seperation, its very nice, and makes them very easy and very enjoyable to listen to, doesn't need amping, responds well to EQing them, I wear them when I'm at home and use the big boys (600's) when I go out and about to walka walka the dog, jamming the hell out them,

and with the HA-FXC51's at $24.00 shipped!!! they are the BEST bang for the buck!!! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826262189

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #7 of 77
You guys know about the long burn in these require right?. I have been using them for a long time and whenever I suggest them on these threads people are like. What??

The Micro HD drivers on these are ungodly stiff and you have to do a minimum of 80 hours of burn in order to have them sounding completely unreal good..Detail on a budget that just can't be done.. I am glad others are discovering these. They are astounding for the price. I think the best part of these earphones are the highs. Oh wow. I only though sparkle like this was only seen and heard in a Disney movie. Lol!!.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 77
I have just swap out the stock earbuds with the earbuds that came with the earphones from the Galaxy S2, same size stem but instead of half covering the opening, it is now fully exposed-the metal grill cover. Gone is the over bearing bass replaced by a more impactful and tuneful bass, mids have popped out, making vocals stand out iso being lost in the music and the highs begining to sparkle. A little more 3 dimensional too....interesting

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #10 of 77

Quote:
ClieOS or joker aren't going to EQ then rate them highly. The reason they aren't discussed is because they don't sound good enough on their own.

No one has said "they don't sound good enough" and for the price no one ever will, and that is with or without EQ.

I didn't like that Katun said they sound better then the Ultrasone PRO 900 and Sony Z1000 on the condition that you magically EQ them, and I made a huge thread about his crazy opinions that a $24 IEM sounds better than a $700 headphone, and I was banned because of it, but now I'm back and I've listened to the JVC FXC51 and it's better than anything currently under $75 street price with very little shadow of doubt, and I'm talking no EQ here.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 77

Quote:
You guys know about the long burn in these require right?. I have been using them for a long time and whenever I suggest them on these threads people are like. What??

The Micro HD drivers on these are ungodly stiff and you have to do a minimum of 80 hours of burn in order to have them sounding completely unreal good..Detail on a budget that just can't be done.. I am glad others are discovering these. They are astounding for the price. I think the best part of these earphones are the highs. Oh wow. I only though sparkle like this was only seen and heard in a Disney movie. Lol!!.

Yep, I have lost interest in basically every IEM under $100 now, next on my list is Sony XBA-1/2/3/4.

It looks like these have arrived on head-fi to take the empty place of the Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #12 of 77
If any of you guys are curious about another great JVC product I can completely recommend these as well. People look at these and say . Those can't sound good!!.. But they do.. Even cheaper than the FXC51.. These have a completely different sound.  These lack the detail and balance of the FXC51 but they make up for it in one of the funnest sound signatures..EYE shaking bass with full mids and highs to boot. I have seen Bose owners that dog on their Bose earphones after they get these.  They look kinda toyish but you won't be thinking that once you hear the Bass on these.. You will be like Another great JVC IEM that is undiscovered. Warm forward and Bassy like you wouldn't believe.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #13 of 77
Err... I have to Eq the bass down on the FXC51's as it is, I think I'll pass on the "XX" but thanks for letting us know it exists. :)

The FXC51's are in NO WAY balanced, this is the Eq I use in foobar to make them sound closer to the lines of correctness:

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #14 of 77
I actually boost my Bass and highs..The bass is good on the FXC51s and extends low too...Love how they Eq very well.   I remember taking my mp3 and my FXC51 camping once and I ended up loosing it. Searched the entire camp area in the dark with a flash light. I found it laying on some mud. I was thinking it was done but ended up pluggin into the player and started my favorite tune in the night. Was a great memory cus. Nothing on the planet sounded better to my ears than my earphones at that moment. At the cost. Everyone should get one imo.

Burn in. Is key. It is one of those that gets better with time for sure..

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #15 of 77

Cool story Dsnuts,

Why don't you share your love for the FXC51 in my thread? and that sparkle like a disney movie thing was funny too. http://www.head-fi.org/t/571081/the-diary-entries-of-a-little-girl-kitekis-adventures-in-audioland-latest-memoir-jvc-ha-fxc51-r/315#post_7824412

I very rarely Eq any of my my IEM's or HP's, however I make an exception for the FXC51 since it responds very well to Eq, and I find that the bass overshadows the mids and maybe even the lower treble lol... it's not so much about Eq'ing... more like "killing the overshadow" at least that's how I see it, once the shadow is lifted they show their true colours and sound MUCH better than all the sub-$100 junk I've heard so far.

Bass lovers might like the FXC51 on flat Eq... but it's too distorted and fuzzy for me... I prefer clean, resonant, controlled bass... such as in Sony EX600 and Hifiman RE272.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back