JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Nov 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #196 of 274

Quote:
Does those CC51 really have the same bass quality and extension than the FX700????

sorry, i cant tell for now because i dont have the fx700 to compare...
but thru the cc51, i dont feel like i sold my fx700 (or i dont feel like its gone)

Quote:
I've owned the cc51 at one point and the timber and bass definition was not on par with the fx700.  I will say it was my favorite earphone for some time.  It has nice balance and price to performance ratio is outstanding.  By far the best earphone from meelec.  

thanks for sharing.
i agree, that it is the best iem made by meelec, and now i wanted to try the CERAMIQUE by fischer audio.
by the way, what earphone are you using now sir?

Quote:
Quote:

This is what I'm primarily interested in knowing. If the CC51 has even close to the bass weight, depth, and texture of the FX700, color me interested. 
blink.gif

what i can say is, the overall presentation of the cc51 is fuller and richer.
which i find a little bit rare in the fx700.

about the bass, its seriously closer...more or less the same.
weight, texture, depth and definition...its all there.
and it sounds really natural too, same as the one in the fx700.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #197 of 274

Quote:
thanks for sharing.
i agree, that it is the best iem made by meelec, and now i wanted to try the CERAMIQUE by fischer audio.
by the way, what earphone are you using now sir?

Since I have been a member of Head-Fi, I've gone through many earphones and headphones.  Keep upgrading, hence why I ended up giving away the CC-51 to a friend though I really liked them.  I would say the earphones I use the most currently are the EX1000, EQ-5 and DDM2 with a few headphones thrown in as well.  I like a different flavor every week which is the fun part of this hobby because so many signatures to choose from.  
darthsmile.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #199 of 274
Good news for all those that wanted to give the CC51's a go. There'll be an Amazon gold box deal within the next hour, for the mobile version! Stay tuned!

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #201 of 274
What the hell? The deal started with over 70% claimed, at $29.99! How does that work? I watched the countdown hit zero seconds, at which point it showed over 70% claimed. Guess people must have had them in their cart already, by the bulk? 
eek.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #204 of 274
Received my CC51 today. First impressions, much more positive than negative. I'll start with the good. They're warm, musical, and pack MUCH more low end quantity than I was expecting. I can see where they strike a similarity with the FX700 in that regard. As per the negative, they're slightly veiled, and not as open and airy as the vented dynamics I've been accustomed to for the past few months, such as the EX600, FXT90, ClarityOne, etc. Another gripe is their nozzle, which is the very same as the one found on the Monster Miles Davis Trumpet, except the CC51 seems to be much lengthier, and I'm having difficulty with tips. Guess it's time to experiment. 
smile.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #205 of 274
They actually are vented though. Right under the nozzle. You can actually see straight through the earphone. I think they'll sound better with some break-in. I tried the pair I sold to a friend at work last week and was a bit taken aback by how good they sounded. I agree about the bass; I consider the CC51s to be just a little below what could be considered "basshead" IEMs.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #206 of 274
Sorry, didn't mean that these aren't vented, rather that theyr aren't as open/airy sounding as some of the other aforementioned vented dynamics I'm used to. 
tongue.gif

And yes, while there is an abundance of low end weight, I wouldn't declare them basshead in-ears, not with the TFTA's around. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #207 of 274
If someone could help out please:

Is it possible to comfortably wear fx700s whilst jogging ?
Little curious if the shallow fit and weight would allow this without fatiguing or popping out of ears. Has anyone used these whilst jogging ?

Also is the discussed low isolation issue to do with sound leaking out or coming into to ears from surroundings ?

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #210 of 274
in jogging, you should use something made of aluminum or plastic, not of wood. 
there are some iems that would be more practical/suitable to use, than the fx700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back