JVC HA-FX55 or FX66?
Feb 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BP4k

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been looking through the forum for a while now but I haven't found a thread that suggests one over the other.
I'm going to buy one of them, but I can't really decide which one. Partly because I don't know where the main differences are (in terms of sound).

Help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Please explain why you would prefer one over the other.

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 9
I've never been able to find too much information about the JVC HA-FX55. Most of the talk I hear either on the Head-fi forums, or many other places online tends to be about either the lower serial number HA-FX33 (Marshmallows) or higher serial number HA-FX66 (Marshmallow V2). I bought my sister the HA-FX33 because she wanted cheap in-ears for sleeping. I also bought a pair of HA-FX66 for my own use primarily as a portable for air travel. I'm still working on my own initial thoughts about them, but so far, I like them a lot more than my sister's HA-FX33. They sound very much like the in-ear cousin to the KSC-75. Unfortunately, I do not own, or know anyone who does own the HA-FX55 so I wouldn't be able to give you a recommendation for or against them. I can however say that, based on my initial trials, that the HA-FX66 is a good in-ear headphone, and would recommend it, especially if you like the 'fun' sound that the KSC-75 and other Koss 60 ohm driver headphones present.

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 9
i've heard the 55's are good, never found them locally myself. 66's are decent, comfy, and better than 33's stock, but kramer modded 33's are more tonally accurate and also more fun than 66's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back