JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #347 of 359
Not an expert but I was under the impression any dynamic driver is going to burn in, maybe some more drastic than others. It's awesome that they're starting to sound better to you! And I just got a new pack of tx-200 tips in the mail today and can confirm they are still excellent. 

May 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #349 of 359
Hi guys,

There is few models  JVC HA-FR201, JVC HA-FX3X, HA-FX101 and  HA-FX1X  what are the differences between these models?

Not a ton of difference in my opinion, at least between the 101, 201, and 1X. The 101 and 201 are pretty sibilant, but the bass is intense. Very recessed mids. 1X is the same, but smoother and less sibilant. The 3X is my personal favorite by a wide margin. Better in every way...more refined, smoother treble, tighter bass, less recessed mids. Just a great iem in general.

I also just picked up the new FR202. Will report in on them soon. So far I'm liking them, but they have a couple issues, mainly with comfort.

May 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #350 of 359
I wonder how good this one sounds??

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #352 of 359
Unexpected discovery....i was trying different buds with these headphones and by mistake i have used the bigger size of the Sony MDR-NC31EM buds....wow....it sounded a lot better and even the bass felt enhanced but in a good way...clearer. I have burned the JVC HA-FX1X for almost 2 months (about 3-4 hours a day) and i finally start to like them. Considering i have bought them new at 5£ from an Amazon super discounted offer i can say i have made a very good business....

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #355 of 359
No amps needed.. I would use a bit of eQ to get the sound right for you so maybe a eQ app but that is all your gonna need.. Happy listening.
I agree with the eQ...I use the AutoEq peq settings with poweramp which produces more clarity in the mids and treble...true instrument separation (burn in complete). I tried the graphic eq settings but although an improvement it was not as impacting as the peq settings. Using AutoEq acts as a baseline for my music and controlling bass and treble via the poweramp dials with only slight adjustments (i.e. 5% bass, 10% treble, pre-amp slightly higher than recommended) was the way to go for me. I would say it gives my music a more balanced tone... the bass is still distinct and punchy but I get to appreciate the vocals and instruments more. In fact I am rediscovering my music because of these settings. I do have issues with the eartips staying in my ears so I have ordered some Sedna earfits (M). They seem more sturdy but maintain that wide bore which in my opinion adds to treble clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back