JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #301 of 359
Try Motorheadphönes Trigger. Under 20 euro, so they dont kill your economy. So far bassiest ones I encountered. Beats fx1x which comes second. Then fx3x and fx101. In terms of bass. In sq triggers are way ahead of jvc lineup.

For me being used to car subwoofers feels that Jvc lineup bass is just balanced. Triggers are bass. Then i.e. philips 3590 is not bassy in my taste. Or samsung stocks. Or soundmagic e10. They are just "normal" :D

Jvc fx1x are good in walking among traffic. It does not bother having crap sq, because there is just too much noise around you to hear or concentrate details anyway. :p

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #302 of 359
the best bass i’ve heard is on beats dre pro, nice sustained bass. everything else is mediocre bass. you can only try headphones in shops. they do not let you try earphones that is why it is difficult to choose earphones. but you know 450 euro for headphones beats dre pro is crazy expensive. can’t they make proper headphones with proper bass but with good price? it is not much to ask for a proper bass.
and bass in speakers, headphone and earphones sounds different to my anyway. they have different sounds. may be i am a picky listener or something. or other people do not care about music output.
how can you try earphones without buying them?

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #303 of 359
Removing those nozzle guards and plugging foam ball in the nozzle helps balance sound, that it is actually working every genre now. Fast industrial metal songs became listenable. Bass is not anymore so boomy, more precise so it does not mess midrange so much. These got better with little modding. :D

Oh it really improved these every way. Mess from midrange is almost gone, sound is great and warm. May say that in my pointscale from 1-10, these came from 5 to 7.5. Very warm sound now. Away is that boominess of bass drum. Guitars can be heard fine, but low end is still powerful. Like different earphones.

Half length of the nozzle is good measure for foam ball, full nozzle length was too much. Veiled vocals too much. But reduced foam size and it was there like a glove. :D

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #304 of 359
I just cannot advertise this mod enough. Megadeth song She-wolf. Jvc ha-fx1x vx philips she3590. Jvc wins barely with its now more full bodied guitar sound and more natural warm sound, before mod it was clear win for philips. :D

Amazing how close soundstage is now Motörheadphones Bomber over-ears. Missing only clarity in highs and some in mids, but not much. :)

Modded fx1x>fx3x>fx101 IMO :wink:

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #305 of 359
Removed those foams away do analytical comparison. Now. Have to say that most difference comes from cleaning that harsh treble. Overall sound is now enjoyable, without foams it is horrible. These are well balanced now actually, for my taste at least. Rock music sounds quite good now and electronic music just got better. :)

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #306 of 359
what headphones, earphones have the same or better base as beats pro?
people say about these earphones that
they have slightly overpowering base
that they move a lot of air, etc
these are all characteristics of these headphones.

i’ve done that mod before, i’ve seen it on youtube, where you take an earplug and cut it in half and make a hole in them and put earphone through them. quite to say i do not like these, not comfortable.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #309 of 359
i’ve done that mod before, i’ve seen it on youtube, where you take an earplug and cut it in half and make a hole in them and put earphone through them. quite to say i do not like these, not comfortable.

If you are talking my mod, I only put foam INSIDE nozzle, does not matter what plugs you are using. :wink:

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #310 of 359
QeQe, can you explain it again? i do not understand it very well. or may be make a youtube video, that would be much better.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #312 of 359
how do i put foam there? there is protective cover. do i need to remove protective cover and stuff foam there? also foam is a general term, what material?
sorry for stupid questions but the description was equivalent.

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #313 of 359
how do i put foam there? there is protective cover. do i need to remove protective cover and stuff foam there? also foam is a general term, what material?
sorry for stupid questions but the description was equivalent.

I haven't done the mod and am not sure either, bit from the sound of it you remove the protective filter and insert a bit of foam. Not sure what type or density of foam since that was not provided. I'm guessing a lite foam that is somewhat

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #314 of 359
i put cutton in apple earpods, some serious base. i taped the earpod with a sealatape and took a some cotton and compressed it into a ball and put it in the sealatape, and cut a piece of an empty tube from a pen, cut that in two and put it on cutton in earpod between sealatape and taped it to the tube. may be a wider tube is better but i can’t find a wider tube at home. take a ear plug, cut it in half and make a hole in it. which i had before. and put the tube into a hole in the earbud. at higher volume you have better bass, but cutton prevents high volume highs from going through and bass goes through the cotton. the idea is that when you press the earpod to ear you get better bass, and by sealing earpod with a sealatype you make a seal and direct sound to the tube into ear and cushon it and make a seal to the ear with ear plug. some serious base. this is with apple iphone earpod, or may be ipod earpod because this one has no remote. may be ipod touch or ipod nano. not sure if you get this base on other earplugs, probably definitely more base. anyway, this is the mod i made on my apple earpods. which have almost no base on its own. you might get a slightly more base on it’s own on apple earpods if you pug half of earplug in each ear and pug apple earpod on. you put higher volume and get more base.
highs and mids a slightly muffled, may be can get better or something, but who cares it’s good base with nice descent rumble. and does not hurt ear because of cotton reduces the volume and gives nice base.
it probably works the same with fx3x.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #315 of 359
Sorry late answer. Yes, light foam inside nozzle is enough. Too much foam silenced highs too much. Fx101 didn't improved with mod since their highs and mids are more refined, so guess that fx3x would not improve at all. I cannot posts pictures here yet, maybe then when its possible, I show my mod. Now it is only explained in few posts above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back