JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Jun 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #286 of 359
the seal makes no difference. they sound the same with seal or without. i put some earplugs as earpieces that make perfect seal. same sound. where do i buy real onse?

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #287 of 359
look at video review i made, may be you could tell from it. do real jvc fx3x have a serial number on the box to check out if they are fine with jvc site?

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #288 of 359
i’ve registered warranty with jvc, and they accepted it. and i got email that warranty is now active. and the serial number that i used was a number on a paper that wraps around the earphones when they were in box. so apparently they are real. and here is what guy on instagram said about these earphones

you have to bur-in them with music or white noise for many hours to reach the real good sound! Let them play music in medium volume and try them :)
I cannot copy this link, so yes, let them play music for 5-6-7 hours than pause for 30 min and again play music just when you go to sleep let them in the wardrobe and do this 2-3 days so you will hear a big differnce after 30-40 hours of Burning-in (playing sound from the headphones) but for best result try to play white noise in app store u will find "Burn-in" app. :)
http://instagram.com/p/o5biO6OMvQ/

which is what i am doing right now.

Jun 11, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #289 of 359
i’ve registered warranty with jvc, and they accepted it. and i got email that warranty is now active. and the serial number that i used was a number on a paper that wraps around the earphones when they were in box. so apparently they are real. and here is what guy on instagram said about these earphones

[COLOR=222222]you have to bur-in them with music or white noise for many hours to reach the real good sound! Let them play music in medium volume and try them :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I cannot copy this link, so yes, let them play music for 5-6-7 hours than pause for 30 min and again play music just when you go to sleep let them in the wardrobe and do this 2-3 days so you will hear a big differnce after 30-40 hours of Burning-in (playing sound from the headphones) but for best result try to play white noise in app store u will find "Burn-in" app. :)[/COLOR]
http://instagram.com/p/o5biO6OMvQ/

which is what i am doing right now.

Burn in definitely mandatory with the carbon nanotube driver JVCs, but you should still be getting good bass out of the box. With mine, burn in smoothed out the treble and bass, but did not change the quantity of bass.

I would still keep all of the packaging and purchase information just in case. If they are real and are seriously lacking bass, you might be able to replace them under warranty if they are defective.

Do a quick search for real vs. fake fx3x on this site. I know there a a couple threads with comparison pics that might help.

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #290 of 359
I bought fx1x and fx3x from same ebay.uk place and these are pretty legit to me. Comparing these fx3x to philips she3590, fx3x bass is from different world. Some could say too much, I think they are what they should be. Too much is just enough.

Fx3x bass may be little less boomy, but more accurate than fx1x. If you like more all-over boom, fx1x are better, but soundwise fx3x better. My pref for bass that makes you sick over these is Motörheadphones Trigger. They may miss those lowest freqs, but kicks jvc's ass in every other department. :wink:

Btw: Jvx xx's have place in your ear-canal different position than normal in-ears to get good seal. At least I do. Cords points about 45-60 degrees forward versus normal 80-100 degree angle.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #292 of 359
Does anyone on this thread know how they would compare against the hisound audio wooduo 2?

I found the Wooduo 2 pretty awful to be honest. They' have bloated bass and this incredibly dark mid-range that sounds like listening to music through thick wood. (really veiled and nothing that resembles decent sound quality) lol. Don't get me wrong I love Hisounds MP3 players. I owned three at once, still own two but those WooDuo 2 were awful, at least my pair was.

You'd be much better off with Phillips SH3580 or one of those family.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #293 of 359
this guy precicelly describes the sound that i hear from fx3x i bought
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpLyY4ca_ic
as he says there is no bass. i mean there is bass, more than on iphone earbuds. having said that iphone earbuds do have good bass if you can make a seal with them, like if you press them in a little bit with your fingers but it’s not comfortable.
two days straight of running music through them at up volume no difference in bass. same bass. there is bass but this is just not enough at all. i think my nixon headphones have more bass.
i probably going to send them back.
where i live they sell jvc fx1x in argos. but not fx3x. may be another compani might stack those, they have jvc xx headphones, should i get those headphones instead? do they have bass?
so ye, these just sound as regular earphones with better sound quality than general, but bass is the same as other earphones. so might get jvc here in argos. if those have no bass out of the box i return them straght away. not going to bother going home with them. if i buy in argos they gonna be actual jvc earphones.
do jvc headphones sound the same as earphones?
they just sound like overall better iphone earpods with slightly better bass but not by much.
i looked at some photos, visually these are identical, but by sound i just don’t feel the proper bass everyone is talking about. so did not the guy that did the review of these earphones. watch it to understand what i am talking about.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #294 of 359
and also the bass test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gjsefNYpE on these jvc fx3x only goes to about 35Hz, and not 5Hz as advertised. so that explains why there is no bass. my nixon headphones disapear at 34-30Hz, my macbook speakers at about 145hz, apple earbuds at about 60Hz, if you press them in the ear they go lower, which i explained have more bass that way but not comfortable at all to do that for anything longer than a few minutes. when pressing to ears apple earbuds they go about 30Hz.

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #295 of 359
if i change equaliser a bit http://cl.ly/image/010u3g2k1U0L i get better bass. but still disapears at 28Hz on nixon headphones and jvc fx3x.

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #297 of 359
i put apple in ear earbuds on fx3x and omg wonderful bass. oh ye
the earbuds that come with fx3x are crap, neither of the sizes that come with them make perfect seal.

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #298 of 359
but i can’t say it is too much bass. for me no bass is too much bass :blush:)

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #299 of 359
by ear buds i meant earphone tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back