JVC HA-FX1200 vs JVC HA-FW01
Nov 8, 2016 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

serid

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am completely new here so hello to everybody.
I have been searching for a DAP to buy and ended up ordering Onkyo DP-X1 due to recommendations and its hardware.
Now I need to buy some in ear headphones and am quite confused ...
Originally I though to buy Shure 535 - very expensive to me but I would be able to save a bit and order them.
Then I read that they are quite analytical - not probably what I am looking for. I considered Westone w40 and Sennheiser IE80. Then I came across JVC HA-FX850 and was quite impressed. Doing some more research I found that perhaps I would be better with FX1200. And of course with that many products available I came across JVC HA-FW01 where I could not find proper reviews of.

Has anybody got a link to a good review of them ? Perhaps comparing them with FX1200 ?

What I am looking for is:

- clear crisp yet quite warm sound
- bright trebbles
- good tonal separation
- a bit forward mid range
- wide sound stage
- deep quality bass yet not overlapping other tones

Ideally within the price range of the mentioned IEMs.

I enjoy classical and ambient music most of the time but I also listen to all variety of styles.

Or perhaps I missed on some other good brand that would be a good fit for me / DP-X1 ?

Also - not sure if that should not go to another thread but I want to buy some in ear wireless headphones to use while I am working in a workshop. They should be fairly small due to ear defenders I wear there so should fit under them. Not expecting them to perform as well as the mentioned ones but would be good if they were of decent quality with good performance. Any suggestions please ?

Thanks very much,
Adrian

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi there, you could probably find more about the FX-1200/(1100) over at this thread here as well as some comparison with the FW01. The FW01 are pretty damn new, just released by JVC this November which is probably why not much has been heard of them yet.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply - I thought nobody was going to !
I didn't know FW01 are that new. Anyway - they were much more expensive than FX1200 and nobody replied earlier so I decided that I am going to get FX1200. DP-X1 has arrived so now waiting for the FX1200 to come - hopefully within 2 weeks - ordered them on ebay from Taiwan and I live in UK. Can't wait to test this setup but don't have much choice :/

All the best,
Adrian

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 6
so from initial impression is the fx1200 better than the fw01, 

i never heard a jvc iem, are any of those 2 harsh or peaky in the highs

can they be suit metal music

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi,

You will find quite a lot of good information on this forum about JVC FX series. The opinions are sometimes divided but you would expect it as everybody has a different ear. From what I read here FX850 might be more suited for metal music as they seem to be slightly more responsive and FX1200 is slightly more toned if I can say so ? Have a read eg here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review
http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-ha-fx850

and here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754634/my-review-and-unboxing-of-the-jvc-ha-fx1200

As for FW01 - there is not too much information available yet - they are quite new (didn't know that either).

All the best,
Adrian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back