JVC HA-FX101 - Thank you!! Thank you all !!!
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

delta tango

New Head-Fier
I'm just an average guy who loves his music to be loud and clear
L3000.gif
. No audiophilic traits in me
ph34r.gif
. Stumbled on this forum a few weeks ago and got a JVC HA-FX101 
gs1000.gif
!! Created a new account just to thank you guys! I'm sure without help from you people and tons of options out there, I would never have stumbled on these. Imported them from US via ebay for USD 45 (I'm from India). And never have been happier in my life. I own a Koss porta pro 
beerchug.gif
and 02 Bose (01 in ear & 01 over ear). Of all these 3 koss were my favorite. The only problem with those were that they leaked quite a bit of sound. So was on a lookout for some good in ears. Bose in ears were good but had poor build quality (3.5 mm jack joint came loose after 1 year and lost 2 pairs of those silicon tips 
confused_face.gif
). And that's where you guys came in. Followed you with eyes  closed 
biggrin.gif
and got JVC HA-FX101.

My only concern now is that what should I do to save them from the same fate as Bose in ears (these JVCs seems to have really fragile wires
frown.gif
). I am very careful with all of my stuff and take good care of it. Had porta pros for 5 years and still to have a single scratch on it. I have really fallen in love with these JVCs and would like to have a long relationship with them. Also what should be the next step to better my listening experience. I have heard that amplifiers are a good way to move forward but till now have not been able to find any good ones (your recommendations) from any ebay importers. I use an iPod 4 as my portable music player. Would you guys recommend switching to a Sony or some other player ? My primary music player is my Alienware M14x 
evil_smiley.gif
and I have never heard a better sounding system (at least not in my friend circle/ it beats even Apple Macbooks!). I mainly listen to Trance, Dubstep, House, some Rap and Indian songs with lots of beats.
atsmile.gif

Once again thanks to all you wonderful guys and looking forward to more tips from you !!

PS: No thumbs up smiley 
confused.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 4
hi congrats for the purchase :). i am from and India as well & i listen to the same genre that you listen to, trance, dubstep & house. After lots of research i got the sony mdr xb90's for 3800rs. they are great for dubstep & trance. can you provide me the link for the jvc headphones you got from ebay. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 4
hi, thanks.. yes i have compared them to bose ie2 and in my opinion they are far superior that the bose... there is no comparison... the bass is just perfect and the mids and highs are perfect... only vocals arent that great, but they can be tweaked via the eq settings on the music player...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back