JVC FX3X Review and Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #35 of 87
I have check what you said and it looks like there  is two  ways   One is that   it haves a knot inside the can or its glued deeper or both. I try to pull the cable but it would   not  move at all. So again they feel very sturdy

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #36 of 87
Yeah I don't like that either and can't figure out why they did it. There is obviously a catch up in the phone so the wire feels sturdy enough, but the excessive space seems a little cheap and rough, odd as the rest of the build is very nice for the price. I've actually toyed with the idea of filling it up with a caulking of sorts, but kind of waiting to see if the purpose becomes apparent, or I decide to recable with something thicker, which would then make it useful.

May 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #41 of 87
  thanks , i ordered them , btw how is your headphones performing after burning in ?

You weren't asking me, but I'll give you some impressions anyways :D

After burn in, they sound reminiscent of the the HA-FXT90, but with less harsh treble, similar mids, and deeper bass. I still think the FX1X have more bass, but the quality on the 3X is much better (along with everything else). While the 3X has exaggerated highs and bass out of the box, it definitely becomes more balanced after burn in (but they are not balanced, definitely a V shape), IMO.

Hope this helps!

May 29, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #42 of 87
My input also is that i found out that burn in was totally necessary. I have no idea about FX1X but my goal was to buy velodyne Vpulse for my two cowon's D20 and s9 until i found that post from dweaver who sold them to me right away. I still want to buy the velodyne but the jvc's are so good the the cover me for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back