JVC FX3X Review and Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #61 of 87
Couple things to keep in mind with the 3X (and all JVC carbon nanotube iems):

- let em burn
- burning is good
- extended play helps

Are you sure you have a real version? They are super easy to drive and are exceptionally loud (IMO, and compared to the vast majority of iems in my collection). I never found the bass as intense as others described, especially compared to the 1X, but they are pretty open to eq. Might help a bit...

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #62 of 87
Couple things to keep in mind with the 3X (and all JVC carbon nanotube iems):

- let em burn
- burning is good
- extended play helps

Are you sure you have a real version? They are super easy to drive and are exceptionally loud (IMO, and compared to the vast majority of iems in my collection). I never found the bass as intense as others described, especially compared to the 1X, but they are pretty open to eq. Might help a bit...

well i believe that they are the real deal cause i have also check the pics that someone posted here  this page:http://www.head-fi.org/t/686577/fake-jvc-fx3x-pictures#post_9902854  so from what he says mine are the originals but compare with the Yurbuds ironman focus pro are not that good.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #63 of 87
  well i believe that they are the real deal cause i have also check the pics that someone posted here  this page:http://www.head-fi.org/t/686577/fake-jvc-fx3x-pictures#post_9902854  so from what he says mine are the originals but compare with the Yurbuds ironman focus pro are not that good.

Gotcha. Well, sound is subjective and everyone's ears are different. I haven't tried anything from Yurbuds, yet, but I'll check those out if you say they are better than the 3X (which are my babies, along with about eight or so other pairs of iems, lol.). Hopefully they grow on you over time. If possible, try to insert them pretty deep if you aren't already...it definitely helps. :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #68 of 87
i just bought these less than a week ago. i wouldn't consider myself an "audiophile." sometimes, i can't stand music at all, but i do appreciate quality and a spatial sound signature. i'm also on a budget right now and need a quick fix for morning subway commute because my akg k350 are unbearably uncomfortable any more. it's cold out here, in toronto, so over ears will have to wait, but long story short here is my take on the jvc fx3x:

first of all the iphone/android/blackberry label is a damn gimmick. i was disappointed when instead of an iremote i had to settle for some cord-reduction contraption. these are not headsets, so no mic, no volume control. no biggie, but the label is lame

secondly, what i like about these and jvc, these are honest headphones. they deliver on the "punchy bass" claim. it doesn't maul you over the head. it keeps jabbing away, and i like it. for electronic music, these are great. this includes hip/hop

thirdly, their are damn comfortable. i was this |   | close to getting earpods because i couldn't' stand how the k350 wrecked my ear canal, but buying stock apple buds felt demented even though they sound ok. they do a fine work keeping the subway din out. i don't like total sound isolation. i find it uncomfortable both psychologically and physically. these do just fine -- some outside feedback with minimal friction.

lastly, the sound is good, but missing some of the things i got accustomed to from the higher end sound systems: instrument separation and soundstage. like i said, i won't make definitive claims, but they don't feel open despite the huge grille at the back, and the bass just takes over. it might not even be a defect with the hardware, but it's so damn present it's the elephant in my ears, and i need to work too hard to enjoy the totality of the sounds. i don't see audiophilia as some sort of where is waldo for your ears where i get a kick out of hearing the marginal frequencies. the experience has to be good, and really it depends on one's mood. sometimes i really enjoy these, when listening to frisky radio, hip hop, or podcasts. i love deep booming bass to a voice, and these are cool. a little more in the mid range would have been nice. jazz, classical, and even rock are a little out of this headphone's range. it doesn't get the details quite right, and the devil's in the detail

overall, they don't break out of their price bracket, shatter records, or set new standards. i got them for $35 (down from $60 at canada computers), and i would say $35 is a fair price. if anything, $60 is too much for the fx3x because you are better off adding a little more and get the reputable monitors, even if entry ones. for $35 they do a great job of keeping the sound out and keeping me entertained. the reviews accross the web, like engadget and on websites are staggeringly high. i wouldn't go as far as 9/10. i would have paid extra for the mic and volume controls, but you can't have it your way, in every way. 

sound 7
feel 9
features 5
price 7 (if it stays at $30-40 i would give it a 9)

and that's that. at the end of the day it's all about fun and experience. as subjective as that is, if your idea of listening to recordings is nitpicking frequency responses and plotting out charts, save your money for higher end products. if you want to just enjoy what your are listening to, but can't afford a higher end set, the jvc fx3x are a great compromise.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #70 of 87
yes i'm mostly using them with my iphone 4s. i haven't tried them with my fiio e11/ipod 4th gen yet, but i also ran them through my m-audio av-40s. gave a quick listen through my blue yeti, as well, with integrated headphone amp.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #74 of 87
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-In-Ear-Canal-Stereo-Carbon-Deep-BASS-Headphones-/261240013583?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3cd31e430f

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #75 of 87
Hey fellas! My English is terrible, sorry for that. 

I just recieved a pair of them and I gotta agree with all the positive reviews, they sound pretty impressive out of the box, and those who complain about the terrible muddy bass and annoying treble probably bought fake ones. Its not easy to find genuine ones but its not impossible either. If you see an impossibly low price, and Hong Kong as source, then dont expect much, but the genuine ones are not much more expensive, and I think expensive is a relative term considering the sound and build quality you get for your money.

I owned quite a few IEMs and headphones so far (Sony
MDR-EX90LP, Philips SHL3100​
, Maxel Retro DJ, Marley Rebel, Soundmagic E10, Sony MH1, and countless under 20 buck budget ones) and I gotta say these are very good for the money. I listened to acoustic tracks (Adele, Florence...) and they are way better than okay, but of course the bass is the best thing about them, and OMG there is bass! The drops makes you smile, maybe break out in maniac laughter (did it on the bus, got some looks, but screw them, they dont know what I just experienced) so I can recommend a pair of these to basically anyone who want some fun and two high quality subwoofers right in their head. :)

btw I bought them for 21 bucks from Switzerland with free shipping, totally worth it, and will buy another pair for my GF, I'm not lending these to anyone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back