JVC Dual Dynamic HA-FXT90 Review
Jun 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #16 of 32
I don't think there's any that have both and from what I've read they're very different. Besides JVC markets the FXT90s as the third in their line up behind the FX700 and FX500s. 

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #17 of 32
Ok so they've had another 30-ish hours of play and I'm starting to hear more mids. The treble has eased off a lot, but is still quite bright, maybe a little unnatural to me. The bass is not as deep and impactful as the Radius TWF-11, but is still very strong. There is a noticeable mid-bass hump but it doesn't bleed too badly into the mids. Might give them more time still.

So, how are they shaping up against the DDM1, phntmsmsher? I'm thinking of re-buying a set of DDMs, but really wouldn't mind mixing things up a bit. Availability is proving to be quite a pain, though.

Cheers!

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 32

Quote:
Quote:
Ok so they've had another 30-ish hours of play and I'm starting to hear more mids. The treble has eased off a lot, but is still quite bright, maybe a little unnatural to me. The bass is not as deep and impactful as the Radius TWF-11, but is still very strong. There is a noticeable mid-bass hump but it doesn't bleed too badly into the mids. Might give them more time still.

So, how are they shaping up against the DDM1, phntmsmsher? I'm thinking of re-buying a set of DDMs, but really wouldn't mind mixing things up a bit. Availability is proving to be quite a pain, though.

Cheers!

At this stage I still prefer the DDMs in SQ - more bass extension and impact, mids are more forward and detailed and the treble is less fatiguing (although the FXT90 is improving in that regard) - having said that, the DDMs were pretty good out of the box and haven't changed much with the 100+ hours I've put into them, whereas the FXT90 have sounded different every time I've given them another test. As was mentioned previously, they possibly need 150 hours to fully settle, and I'm only about 50 hours in now so I can't really make a final judgment on which is better to my ears yet.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #19 of 32
OK, so I left them burning in for another 72 hours without listening to them, and have just given them another run - Wow. The bass extension has REALLY picked up, these things are booming with the best of them now. I thoroughly reject the idea that my ears "got used" to them since I have been using my W4 and TF10 almost exclusively over the last week, so putting them in was a real shock since the last time I listened to them, they were still very B-grade quality in terms of sub-bass and mid-bass bleed - which has also been mitigated noticeably. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #20 of 32
Hey guys, nice to see a review of these. I'm just a novice reviewer so please go easy on me. I got these as a gift after I sold my fx700 and from what I'm hearing these have almost a tiny bit of the same sound with the fx700s being better. Bass quality here is good and not overpowering and there is detail enough to satisfy me. I do, however, enjoy listening to these as its fun to listen to. It helps me move on a bit from missing the fx700 :)

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #21 of 32
Just recently got these and they actually impress pre burn-in. These have a top-tier soundstage, outstanding timbre, good isolation, it manages to be detailed and at the same time smooth, no frequency is overblown. The EQ7 is in trouble as my isolating IEM of choice. These drain a lot of current though, my clip+ barely makes it, but the ipod touch does well. Easier to drive than the EX600/FX500 and Xcape but harder to drive than the EQ7 and FX700. 

There's something unique about it's sound.

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #23 of 32
phntmsmshr, How do you find them compared to your tf10s?

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #24 of 32
phntmsmshr, How do you find them compared to your tf10s?

The two are really a comparison of a dynamic vs. a BA. TF10: smooth presentation, slightly underemphasized bass, recessed mid and crisp clear treble - the classic 'v' presentation. HA-FXT90: big full bass with slight midbass bleed, mids and treble a little colored with occasional sibilance at the high end, but an overall more dramatic presence with a lot more moving air and enveloping sound than TF10. I do find them fatiguing for longer wear time, and they chew power with gusto on their 12ohm impedance. I find they go really well with a Clip+ over BA iems.

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #25 of 32
odd but I don't find them fatiguing at all and not sibilance prone either. Midbass bleed is there but it is minimal and the mids have good clarity and are well rounded. There's definitely something about it's sound that I can't put my finger on but it's quite enveloping. For those looking for comparisons I'll get more into it in a bit but I'm still trying to burn my pair in. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #28 of 32
I got to demo these, along with fx700 and fx500, in japan.  A store is actually selling the limited edition about 2000yen cheaper than the standard version - but still not as cheap as amazon.jp's pricing, and quite expensive considering the exchange rate.
FX700 was the best bass monster out of the three, and also had the best sparkle - it just felt more visceral instantly.
The fxt90 demo unit actually had some driver flex - I am a little concerned.

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #29 of 32
What an earphone man. Two unit driver!! separate unit for low sound. Extraordinary. Input impedance is higher too. That means I can use it in high output audio devices too. I am just loving it. I am definitely going to buy it from PIJ. Because they are offering it in comparatively low price than others.
http://bit.ly/HAFXT90

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #30 of 32
Current using shure se215 looking for and upgrade will the bass for fxt90 better than what i currently using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back