Just washed my Skull Candy Ink'd
Aug 7, 2008 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

lqv2015

New Head-Fier
sc_inkd.jpg

Washed & dried it on accident. The sound works. But question is, is it any way damaged? Is the sound quality of these worst now? I can't tell, but I kinda need to know. Any help is great.

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 19
lol, i think this means something.....

hmmmmmm......

TIME FOR AN UPGRADE!!!!

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 19
Well, if it still works fine, then there wouldn't be any reasons to change.

Although having a backup would be a good idea....

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 19
^ Agreed. Use this as an excuse to upgrade to a real pair of IEMs, not a weaksauce canalphone.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #9 of 19
Well JVC Marshmallows (FX-33) are suposed to be good budget IEM's, and the Air Cushions (FX-66) are supposed to be better IIRC, but cost more, but still under 30 IIRC.

The king of Budget are the Koss KSC-75's, they are clip on's, cheap, sound great for the $ and have many mods to do to improve them, done and explained with pictures by Kramer, search here for them.

Matt

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #10 of 19
I'm not sure there's much you can do to them that would still have them outputting sound but sounding worse.

They pretty much bottom out on the sound quality scale right from stock.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 19
For $30, you can get Sennheiser OMX70 Sport and CX300 (maybe even CX400). The CX's are canalphones and the OMX is a wrap around earbud, but it is very comfortable and sounds really good for under $30. Look on Amazon.com for them, you can get them cheap there. I got my CX300's for $30 when the MSRP was still $90.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #13 of 19
I've owned the JVC Marshmallows (FX-33), but not the FX-66. The FX-33 are uncomfortable since their plugs are so hard & too big for my ears. The SK to me sounds pretty damn good for only $10. It'll have to serve me for now until I save up for the q-Jays.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #14 of 19
Q Jays are a great choice for someone on a lower budget i hear, and sound very very good for the money too.

KSC75s are a good buy too, and im sure you will even use them sometimes when you have the Q's. Some people think they are so good they use them at home, or put the drivers in a full size headphone!

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 19
I don't think most electronics are water sensitive unless they're being powered while wet.

I've washed and dried my e5cs. They even worked for a year after the incident, until they were 5 years old. Warranty was long expired by then.

Just make sure they're really dry before attempting to test. I waited for a whole week before testing it. Put it in front of a wall fan for the duration too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back